COMPUTEX Taipei 2010 - Crucial today introduced a new addition to their Ballistix line of products. In this revision Ballistix gets a new look from a new heat spreader, gains a temperature sensor and a downloadable utility to log data from the drive just as a Formula One car would monitor and report data from its sensors.
I was talking with a few members from Crucial today and asked about different skins for the new Ballistix utility and received a wealth of information about what is to come in the future. Crucial has high hopes for this product and it may one day be a must have for all overclockers and system tweakers when it includes data logging capabilities for several other devices in your system. As for now the utility is a bit plain but does show promise. One of the best things right now is that it does work as advertised (tests going up soon) and it is free with the purchase of the new Ballistix memory.
• Crucial® Ballistix™ modules with thermal sensor provides real-time temperature monitoring with downloadable utility
• Temperature-monitoring utility is compatible with Intel® Core™ i5 and Intel Core i7 processors on the latest Intel chipsets
• New improved heat spreader design provides up to 30% reduction in memory module temperature compared to current Ballistix heat spreader design
• Intel XMP profile programmed for easy configuration on supported platforms
• Available in 4GB kits (2x 2GB) at the popular speed of DDR3-1600
• Initially available exclusively at Newegg.com, then is expected to be available beginning in July through select partners and at http://www.crucial.com
Hit the Source Link below for direct access to a special offer from Crucial and Newegg.