Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3150MHz (350MHz FSB 1:1)
Motherboard(s): ASUS P5B Deluxe (Supplied by ASUS)
Memory: 2 X 1GB G.Skill HZ PC8000 @ 350MHz 4-4-4-12 (Supplied by Bronet)
Hard Disk(s): Hitachi 80GB 7200RPM SATA 2
Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP2
Drivers: ATI Catalyst 6.11 and nVidia ForceWare 93.71 and DX9c
With the new Dell 24" LCD sitting around the labs, we thought coming of the bat of some GeForce 8800 testing, it was still time to continue using it and throw in some 1920 x 1200 benchmarks.
Just because you're not spending in excess of $800 AUD, doesn't mean that you shouldn't be able to game at some decent resolutions. We have continued with our new line up which now includes Company of Heroes, which is extremely taxing on the system.
As always, if you have suggestions for new games to be added which have a timedemo or benchmarking facility (BF2142 is not one of them!), please let us know.
With the cards using the aftermarket cooler it seemed fair that we had to go attack them both with ATI Tool and see what they are capable of in the overclocking department. We have included some results with the cards overclock to give you an idea as to why we love the GeForce 7900GS so much - if you buy the green teams card and don't overclock you're doing yourself and injustice with so much headroom to play with.
Version and / or Patch Used: Build 120
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark05/
3DMark05 is now the second latest version in the popular 3DMark "Gamers Benchmark" series. It includes a complete set of DX9 benchmarks which tests Shader Model 2.0 and above.
For more information on the 3DMark05 benchmark, we recommend you read our preview here.
3DMark05 is the first of our tests and is one of our oldest benchmarks in the lineup. It shows us that the more expensive Radeon X1950PRO can justify its price difference here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Radeon X1950PRO]
- Page 3 [GeForce 7900GS TurboForce]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Overclocking]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017