Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3150MHz (350MHz FSB 1:1)
Motherboard(s): ASUS P5B Deluxe (Supplied by ASUS)
Memory: 2 X 1GB G.Skill HZ PC8000 @ 350MHz 4-4-4-12 (Supplied by Bronet)
Hard Disk(s): Hitachi 80GB 7200RPM SATA 2
Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP2
Drivers: ATI Catalyst 6.11 and nVidia ForceWare 93.71 and DX9c
With the new Dell 24" LCD sitting around the labs, we thought coming of the bat of some GeForce 8800 testing, it was still time to continue using it and throw in some 1920 x 1200 benchmarks.
Just because you're not spending in excess of $800 AUD, doesn't mean that you shouldn't be able to game at some decent resolutions. We have continued with our new line up which now includes Company of Heroes, which is extremely taxing on the system.
As always, if you have suggestions for new games to be added which have a timedemo or benchmarking facility (BF2142 is not one of them!), please let us know.
With the cards using the aftermarket cooler it seemed fair that we had to go attack them both with ATI Tool and see what they are capable of in the overclocking department. We have included some results with the cards overclock to give you an idea as to why we love the GeForce 7900GS so much - if you buy the green teams card and don't overclock you're doing yourself and injustice with so much headroom to play with.
Version and / or Patch Used: Build 120
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark05/
3DMark05 is now the second latest version in the popular 3DMark "Gamers Benchmark" series. It includes a complete set of DX9 benchmarks which tests Shader Model 2.0 and above.
For more information on the 3DMark05 benchmark, we recommend you read our preview here.
3DMark05 is the first of our tests and is one of our oldest benchmarks in the lineup. It shows us that the more expensive Radeon X1950PRO can justify its price difference here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Radeon X1950PRO]
- Page 3 [GeForce 7900GS TurboForce]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Overclocking]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy 15 almost had VR support
- VR will slowly trickle to mainstream market, says Oculus founder
- Samsung offers iPhone users $200 if they switch to a new Galaxy phone
- CryEngine 3 used for interior rendering demo, and it looks amazing
- iPhone 6S to feature upgraded 4K-capable rear-facing camera, and more
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20