DDR-2 memory is certainly here to take on the mainstream and enthusiast markets. Until recently the only platform supporting DDR-2 was Intel with their 900 series Express chipset. Intel is not the only player in DDR-2 now. AMD has finally voiced its support for DDR-2 with the AM2 based K8 range using the new AM2 socket.
AMD has joined the 21st century of memory technology and adopted DDR-2 for its AM2 range of K8 processors. This now includes the Sempron, Athlon 64, Athlon 64 X2 and Athlon 64 FX processors.
Today we are taking a look at DDR-2 in our roundup of 8 modules from various companies in various speeds to see just what each company has put out and just what can be obtained from our Athlon 64 X2 AM2 platform.
We have modules from Corsair, G.Skill, Kingston, OCZ, A-DATA, SyncMAX, Super Talent, TwinMOS and the latest player who we just recently took a tour of their facility, Team. Since we started testing the modules, there have been some newer modules released and we'll be testing those soon - we cannot keep adding new modules or the article will never get completed.
So sit back, grab a cold one and enjoy what we have put together for your statistic pleasure - Battle of the Memory Monsters. Who will be the overclocking king?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Modules - Corsair and G.Skill]
- Page 3 [The Modules - OCZ and Super Talent]
- Page 4 [The Modules - Kingston and A-DATA]
- Page 5 [The Modules - SyncMAX and Team Group]
- Page 6 [The Modules - TwinMOS]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - ScienceMark 2.0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's foldable smartphone to launch before the Note8
- Destiny 2 screenshots revealed
- Samsung is aware of weird fingerprint sensor location
- Destiny 2 to feature 'great story and characters'
- Samsung doubles Galaxy S8 supply, expects record sales
- iStorage datAshur Pro 8GB Encrypted Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R having wierd issues with 8 GB RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- CD PROJEKT summarizes its 2016 financial results
- Destiny 2 announced: blockbuster sequel to the biggest new console video game franchise launch of all time set for September 8
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software