DDR-2 memory is certainly here to take on the mainstream and enthusiast markets. Until recently the only platform supporting DDR-2 was Intel with their 900 series Express chipset. Intel is not the only player in DDR-2 now. AMD has finally voiced its support for DDR-2 with the AM2 based K8 range using the new AM2 socket.
AMD has joined the 21st century of memory technology and adopted DDR-2 for its AM2 range of K8 processors. This now includes the Sempron, Athlon 64, Athlon 64 X2 and Athlon 64 FX processors.
Today we are taking a look at DDR-2 in our roundup of 8 modules from various companies in various speeds to see just what each company has put out and just what can be obtained from our Athlon 64 X2 AM2 platform.
We have modules from Corsair, G.Skill, Kingston, OCZ, A-DATA, SyncMAX, Super Talent, TwinMOS and the latest player who we just recently took a tour of their facility, Team. Since we started testing the modules, there have been some newer modules released and we'll be testing those soon - we cannot keep adding new modules or the article will never get completed.
So sit back, grab a cold one and enjoy what we have put together for your statistic pleasure - Battle of the Memory Monsters. Who will be the overclocking king?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Modules - Corsair and G.Skill]
- Page 3 [The Modules - OCZ and Super Talent]
- Page 4 [The Modules - Kingston and A-DATA]
- Page 5 [The Modules - SyncMAX and Team Group]
- Page 6 [The Modules - TwinMOS]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - ScienceMark 2.0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- No Man's Sky is 'even bigger than you can imagine,' says dev
- Mulching is every time a good idea of tomato patio water storage ; bu
- as typically
- Bray assumed the lyrics we've been looking to check on ever since Jul
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- Mazda have eschewed amalgam but also cigarette lighter in powertrains
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines