GeCube X1300PRO HDMI
First off the line is the brand new Radeon X1300PRO from GeCube which sports a very sexy looking HDMI port. Like DVI, HDMI offers a pure digital signal but is also able to transfer up to 8 channel audio which is more commonly known as 7.1.
A lot of TVs currently offer HDMI and not DVI so the release of a HDMI card made sense - even if you're not using the audio ability of the cable, you are making full use of the digital signal which is exactly what you want on an expensive LCD TV or Plasma.
The box uses the standard GeCube layout with an emphasis on the card supporting HDMI, which of course allows us to make use of non-existent items like HD DVD and Blueray. The card is simply an X1300 which is going to be fine for most people as the product is directly aimed at the home theater market that don't need a massive amount of 3D processing power for games.
The back of the box is the same as any X1300 from GeCube, while they show the normal connections of what can go where because they haven't updated it the box shows us nothing about the HDMI connection. With that said though, it really isn't hard to figure this stuff out - just plug the cable in.
The package inside is pretty much the norm for a lower end card. It is nice to see that GeCube are including a HDMI cable as it really isn't much use having the connection on the card without being able to use it. We also have a driver CD and our other forms of cables to make use of TV Out with none of them being nearly as good as the HDMI connectivity.
Like any good home theater card, it is low profile which is handy for people who have opted for a smaller case. The only problem is you lose the VGA port but this shouldn't be an issue. It would have been nice to see a silent version but there is a small fan that doesn't generate too much noise.
We have our VGA and normal TV out port along the side with our HDMI port. The HDMI port also offers HDCP (or High Definition Content Protection) which is a new form of copyright protection. It really is a necessity for anyone going into the next generation of digital entertainment.
Clocks speeds on the card are 500MHz core and 520MHz memory. 256MB of DDR2 is included on the board and using the Hyper Memory technology can be taken to a total of 512MB depending on the amount of system RAM you have.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [GeCube X1300PRO HDMI]
- Page 3 [HIS X1300 Turbo]
- Page 4 [ASUS X1300PRO Silent]
- Page 5 [PowerColor X1300PRO Bravo]
- Page 6 [XFX 7300GT]
- Page 7 [Albatron 7300GT]
- Page 8 [Biostar 7300GT]
- Page 9 [Palit 7300GT Sonic]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast)]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Serious Sam 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts on the cards]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts on the cards continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Razer servers fail again, profiles flicked to default
- Final 'Ghost in the Shell' trailer drops in
- Elon Musk wants to link your brain to a machine
- Nintendo US boss: Switch reaction has been 'remarkable'
- PS4 Pro Media Player update includes 4K support
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- DDR3 RAM question
- OST to PST Converter
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse