I wanted to spend considerable time on Ashes of the Singularity, as it's the first true DX12 benchmark that we can use on our GPUs. Our first test saw us use a bunch of GPUs from both sides of the GPU game, with this article covering the AMD Radeon R9 Fury X in Crossfire vs. NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan X SLI.
These are the two fastest video cards from AMD and NVIDIA, so how do thousands of dollars of GPUs perform with DX12 in Ashes of the Singularity? Spoiler alert: not that great.
What You Need to Know
What you need to know about DX12 we covered in our original article 'DX12 benchmarked - Ashes of the Singularity with AMD and NVIDIA GPUs'. In this article we tested a slew of cards, including AMD's Radeon R9 390X, R9 Fury and R9 Fury X. We also tested NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 980, GTX 980 Ti and Titan X.
We tested our AMD and NVIDIA video cards at 1920x1080, 2560x1440, 3840x2160 and 3440x1440 - covering all of the bases. While I was testing out all of the cards individually, all I wanted to do was test multi-GPUs - mixing together an AMD Radeon R9 Fury X and NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan X. Well, it was super fun - with results that didn't really surprise me. I expected much more, and you'll see these results on the next page.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & What You Need to Know]
- Page 2 [Hardware Required & Our Test Setup]
- Page 3 [Benchmark Results @ 1080p & 1440p]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple veteran leaves for Oculus, will run VR hardware
- Razer servers fail again, profiles flicked to default
- Final 'Ghost in the Shell' trailer drops in
- Elon Musk wants to link your brain to a machine
- Nintendo US boss: Switch reaction has been 'remarkable'
- Export Windows Live Mail to Outlook & Exchange Server 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007
- Export Mailboxes from Exchange Server EDB to PST for Outlook 2013, 2016, 2010, 2007
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- DDR3 RAM question
- OST to PST Converter
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design
- Razer to launch paid to play initiative to reward fans for playing games