I wanted to spend considerable time on Ashes of the Singularity, as it's the first true DX12 benchmark that we can use on our GPUs. Our first test saw us use a bunch of GPUs from both sides of the GPU game, with this article covering the AMD Radeon R9 Fury X in Crossfire vs. NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan X SLI.
These are the two fastest video cards from AMD and NVIDIA, so how do thousands of dollars of GPUs perform with DX12 in Ashes of the Singularity? Spoiler alert: not that great.
What You Need to Know
What you need to know about DX12 we covered in our original article 'DX12 benchmarked - Ashes of the Singularity with AMD and NVIDIA GPUs'. In this article we tested a slew of cards, including AMD's Radeon R9 390X, R9 Fury and R9 Fury X. We also tested NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 980, GTX 980 Ti and Titan X.
We tested our AMD and NVIDIA video cards at 1920x1080, 2560x1440, 3840x2160 and 3440x1440 - covering all of the bases. While I was testing out all of the cards individually, all I wanted to do was test multi-GPUs - mixing together an AMD Radeon R9 Fury X and NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan X. Well, it was super fun - with results that didn't really surprise me. I expected much more, and you'll see these results on the next page.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & What You Need to Know]
- Page 2 [Hardware Required & Our Test Setup]
- Page 3 [Benchmark Results @ 1080p & 1440p]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huge cyber attack involved 10s of millions IP addresses
- Apple's iPod changed the world of music 15 years ago
- ARK: Survival Evolved update: new dinos, maps, and more
- AT&T buys HBO, Warner Bros., and CNN for $80 billion
- Shadow Warrior 2 patched, includes several optimizations
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook