Desktop Test System
Lenovo T440 - Notebook Power Testing with DEVSLP and Windows 8.1 Pro
Nearly all of the performance tests run on the desktop system but we use a Lenovo T440 to run the power tests. The T440 is the latest addition to our client SSD test lab and allows us to test the notebook battery life offered by an SSD with advanced features like DEVSLP enabled.
ATTO - Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.34
Micron M600 256GB
Today we're testing the both 2.5" drives, 256GB and 512GB. Here we see the M600 256GB in ATTO at QD4. The read speed tops out at nearly 565 MB/s, one of the highest we've ever tested on a SATA III device. The write speed is just over 511 MB/s.
Micron M600 1TB
The 1TB model achieved 531 MB/s in the read test. The write speed was a little higher on the 1TB model over the 256GB model, 517 MB/s.
HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 5.50
Today we're using the 256GB capacity charts to compare the M600s to other products on the market. The other products on the market are aftermarket parts usually installed by end-user customers.
Most modern SSDs don't have an issue reading data back reliability or quickly.
With modern SSDs, the price has a direct correlation with write performance and performance consistency. The 256GB M600 writes data slower than the 1TB model. This is to be expected since the 256BG model has less flash packages to write to at the same time.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 22.214.171.124
Micron M600 256GB
Micron M600 1TB
After a reasonable amount of random and sequential writes to the drives, we ran HD Tach to measure sequential performance.
The M600 256GB shows a lot of variation in the sequential writes as the drive recovers from the random writes from preconditioning. The large 1TB model had a few peaks and valleys, but the write performance never dropped below 200 MB/s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Micron M600 SSDs]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Mixed Read / Write Workloads]
- Page 6 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test]
- Page 7 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test - Continued]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Lenovo confirms smaller battery for the Moto Z2 Play
- First images of Nokia's upcoming flagship leak
- Rare Apple-1 computer from 1976 auctioned for $130,000
- Facebook rolling out 'Order Food' option
- 27-year-old gamer without eyes still plays games
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Custom Storage Unit
- Z170-WS, 3002 bios, and SLI not working. Anyone else experience this?
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning