Desktop Test System
Lenovo T440 - Notebook Power Testing with DEVSLP and Windows 8.1 Pro
Nearly all of the performance tests run on the desktop system but we use a Lenovo T440 to run the power tests. The T440 is the latest addition to our client SSD test lab and allows us to test the notebook battery life offered by an SSD with advanced features like DEVSLP enabled.
ATTO - Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.34
Micron M600 256GB
Today we're testing the both 2.5" drives, 256GB and 512GB. Here we see the M600 256GB in ATTO at QD4. The read speed tops out at nearly 565 MB/s, one of the highest we've ever tested on a SATA III device. The write speed is just over 511 MB/s.
Micron M600 1TB
The 1TB model achieved 531 MB/s in the read test. The write speed was a little higher on the 1TB model over the 256GB model, 517 MB/s.
HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 5.50
Today we're using the 256GB capacity charts to compare the M600s to other products on the market. The other products on the market are aftermarket parts usually installed by end-user customers.
Most modern SSDs don't have an issue reading data back reliability or quickly.
With modern SSDs, the price has a direct correlation with write performance and performance consistency. The 256GB M600 writes data slower than the 1TB model. This is to be expected since the 256BG model has less flash packages to write to at the same time.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 22.214.171.124
Micron M600 256GB
Micron M600 1TB
After a reasonable amount of random and sequential writes to the drives, we ran HD Tach to measure sequential performance.
The M600 256GB shows a lot of variation in the sequential writes as the drive recovers from the random writes from preconditioning. The large 1TB model had a few peaks and valleys, but the write performance never dropped below 200 MB/s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Micron M600 SSDs]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Mixed Read / Write Workloads]
- Page 6 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test]
- Page 7 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test - Continued]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni