First use of MEGA - Uploading to the Cloud has never been this easy
Uploading pictures when you first visit the site is just so simple it's not funny. It literally is drag-and-drop and your files are uploading. You don't even need to register if you don't wish to do that. I tested out MEGA using some pictures of my daughter and my wife on our trip to the city to go and see the Giggle and Hoot concert - which I'm sure you can see in the picture below.
All you need to do is get the folder, select the files you want to upload, and voila - the uploading process will begin! Just before the files begin uploading, you'll be greeted with MEGA's Limited Terms of Service. This will explain a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo if you want to read it, but if you're like most people - myself included - you'll just click "I accept" and roll on through.
Once you've accepted this, it will then begin uploading your files and you'll be free to walk around MEGA. Once you've dragged and dropped your files to be uploaded, this is what you'll be greeted with - lots of white space.
In the top right, you can click "Register", where you can register an account. The registration process is again, simple, requiring just your name, e-mail address and a password. There are four tiers of passwords to ensure that the password strength is high, like most sites these days.
Once you've registered, you'll need to confirm your registration from the e-mail you'll receive.
Welcome to MEGA! The site will then create your 2048-bit RSA public/private key pair.
Once you've finished all of this, you'll see the 'My account' screen pop up with various options. From here, you can control your Transfer Settings - increasing or decreasing the amount of parallel upload and download connections based on your Internet connection. You can also set an upload speed limit of 'automatic', or 'fixed' - where you can select a speed at a certain KB/sec transfer rate.
Options are included for skipping identical files when uploading, so that you don't double up on the same files over and over again. SSL can be enabled (which it is by default).
The final few options are a display of your account balance, a 'redeem voucher' option where you can either redeem a voucher or purchase one and finally, Session History which will show your last 10 sessions. It'll also display which browser was, or is being used, the IP address of the connection, the country of origin and the most recent activity from that IP address.
Clicking 'Menu' will display the below options.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Initial Impression]
- Page 2 [First use of MEGA - Uploading Files to the Cloud Has Never Been This Easy]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tesla to double the number of Superchargers this year
- Death Stranding is an open-world action game
- CyberPowerPC's new Ryzen PCs: from $983 up to $2399
- AMD's cheaper Ryzen 5/Ryzen 3 CPUs should launch in Q2
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications