First use of MEGA - Uploading to the Cloud has never been this easy
Uploading pictures when you first visit the site is just so simple it's not funny. It literally is drag-and-drop and your files are uploading. You don't even need to register if you don't wish to do that. I tested out MEGA using some pictures of my daughter and my wife on our trip to the city to go and see the Giggle and Hoot concert - which I'm sure you can see in the picture below.
All you need to do is get the folder, select the files you want to upload, and voila - the uploading process will begin! Just before the files begin uploading, you'll be greeted with MEGA's Limited Terms of Service. This will explain a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo if you want to read it, but if you're like most people - myself included - you'll just click "I accept" and roll on through.
Once you've accepted this, it will then begin uploading your files and you'll be free to walk around MEGA. Once you've dragged and dropped your files to be uploaded, this is what you'll be greeted with - lots of white space.
In the top right, you can click "Register", where you can register an account. The registration process is again, simple, requiring just your name, e-mail address and a password. There are four tiers of passwords to ensure that the password strength is high, like most sites these days.
Once you've registered, you'll need to confirm your registration from the e-mail you'll receive.
Welcome to MEGA! The site will then create your 2048-bit RSA public/private key pair.
Once you've finished all of this, you'll see the 'My account' screen pop up with various options. From here, you can control your Transfer Settings - increasing or decreasing the amount of parallel upload and download connections based on your Internet connection. You can also set an upload speed limit of 'automatic', or 'fixed' - where you can select a speed at a certain KB/sec transfer rate.
Options are included for skipping identical files when uploading, so that you don't double up on the same files over and over again. SSL can be enabled (which it is by default).
The final few options are a display of your account balance, a 'redeem voucher' option where you can either redeem a voucher or purchase one and finally, Session History which will show your last 10 sessions. It'll also display which browser was, or is being used, the IP address of the connection, the country of origin and the most recent activity from that IP address.
Clicking 'Menu' will display the below options.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Initial Impression]
- Page 2 [First use of MEGA - Uploading Files to the Cloud Has Never Been This Easy]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Some iPhone 6S handsets are running so hot they are shutting down
- Roku 4 announced, has 4K support, remote finder and much more
- Tesla founder deletes his tweet that hinted towards 'Model Y' vehicle
- Halo 5 will have a 'much more sociable' story thanks to 4-player co-op
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio