Considering when we're seeing this release very little was expected from it for the simple fact AMD offered us such a huge driver last month in the form of the 11.4s. Unless the HydraGrid improvements are something you really want or one of the bug fixes impact you directly there's probably not a whole lot of reason to jump across to this driver.
On the performance side of things it's a little wobbly with performance going a little down in some areas and a little up in others. It's not really enough to probably sway most people one way or another. Instead it's going to be more about figuring out if the bug fixes or HydraGrid features help you.
The 11.5 isn't a bad driver and if you're just buying an AMD card today you may as well update to it, if you're on the 11.4 driver set, though, you're probably better off staying on it because if it ain't broke why fix it.
For now we'll be sticking with the 11.4 driver just to make sure everything is consistent in our own testing. With no real key performance differences either it won't impact the decision of how we rate any video cards against NVIDIA.
With the normal array of bug fixes and some improvements to HydraGrid, the 11.5s aren't a bar driver, if you're on the huge popular 11.4s, though, you may as well stay there as it's one of the best we've seen in a long time.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 3 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Boost your resume with two in-demand tech certifications
- Nintendo NX handheld hybrid GPU CPU upgrade attachment
- New Fallout Shelter update features sticker set on iOS
- New Assassin's Creed may use PS4 Pro, Project Scorpio
- Nintendo NX might cost $350
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now