Considering when we're seeing this release very little was expected from it for the simple fact AMD offered us such a huge driver last month in the form of the 11.4s. Unless the HydraGrid improvements are something you really want or one of the bug fixes impact you directly there's probably not a whole lot of reason to jump across to this driver.
On the performance side of things it's a little wobbly with performance going a little down in some areas and a little up in others. It's not really enough to probably sway most people one way or another. Instead it's going to be more about figuring out if the bug fixes or HydraGrid features help you.
The 11.5 isn't a bad driver and if you're just buying an AMD card today you may as well update to it, if you're on the 11.4 driver set, though, you're probably better off staying on it because if it ain't broke why fix it.
For now we'll be sticking with the 11.4 driver just to make sure everything is consistent in our own testing. With no real key performance differences either it won't impact the decision of how we rate any video cards against NVIDIA.
With the normal array of bug fixes and some improvements to HydraGrid, the 11.5s aren't a bar driver, if you're on the huge popular 11.4s, though, you may as well stay there as it's one of the best we've seen in a long time.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 3 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin reaches record high pricing of $4500
- Ethereum difficulty squeezing out the small miners
- Destiny 2's day one update already confirmed
- Quake Champions frags itself into Early Access on Aug 22
- Battlegrounds updates will soon slow down
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes