This came as a bit of a surprise! AMD decided to release the 11.5 driver set which followed the massive 11.4 in the first half of this month. Normally we see the Catalyst driver come out towards the end of the month; this is more so seen after such a massive release.
It seems that AMD wanted to just improve Hydravision while doing the normal array of bug fixes which can all be seen below. With clearly not much emphasis being put on performance this time around, we're not expecting any miracles, but we'll see just what the new 11.5 driver has to offer over the previous 11.4 which we love.
Hydravision enhancements for Eyefinity configurations
- The HydraGrid feature found in HydraVision is now aware of user created Bezels.
- The HydraGrid feature found in HydraVision now also includes as "Automatic Grid" option that aligns to the user defined Eyefinity display layout.
Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System
This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst 11.5 software suite for Windows 7.
- PowerDVD no longer randomly crashes when HDMI 8 Channel Audio is enabled.
- Avivo settings are now correctly displayed in the AMD Vision Engine Control Center after connecting a secondary display.
- Windows Media Player no longer randomly hangs or displays a black screen after playing VC1 (WMV) video files for over 4 hours.
- PowerDVD no longer crashes intermittently after enabling / disabling Crossfire during BD playback.
- Bioshock no longer displays visual corruption with Vsynch and MLAA enabled.
- Transcoding MPEG-2 video to H.264 no longer causes an application crash.
- Transcoding H.264 to AVCHD no longer generates lagging video.
Resolved Issues for the Windows XP Operating System
- Civilization V no longer stops responding during game launch when Crossfire is enabled.