Power Consumption Tests
Using our new PROVA Power Analyzer WM-01 or "Power Thingy" as it has become quickly known as to our readers, we are now able to find out what kind of power is being used by our test system and the associated graphics cards installed. Keep in mind; it tests the complete system (minus LCD monitor, which is plugged directly into AC wall socket).
There are a few important notes to remember though; while our maximum power is taken in 3DMark06 at the same exact point, we have seen in particular tests the power being drawn as much as 10% more. We test at the exact same stage every time; therefore tests should be very consistent and accurate.
The other thing to remember is that our test system is bare minimum - only a SSD hard drive is used with a single CD ROM and minimal cooling fans.
So while the system might draw 400 watts in our test system, placing it into your own PC with a number of other items, the draw is going to be higher.
Power draw comes in a little under 500 Watt and if you're spending this kind of money you should have a decent 600 Watt power supply already in your system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, The Card and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 3 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 18 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 images leak ahead of launch at MWC
- Qualcomm leads 5G tech race, multi-Gbps speeds are close
- Qualcomm's new Snapdragon X20 LTE modem, up to 1.2Gbps
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700X spotted in detail
- NVIDIA's next-gen Volta GPU turns up in latest drivers
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league