We're going to keep this short and sweet because we know all you really care about is the results. To quickly summarize exactly what we're doing here today, though, we're firing up the latest beta build of MSI Afterburner and cranking even more volts through the two GPUs that are placed on that single PCB.
We've of course already looked at the Sapphire HD 6990 4GB in all its out of the box glory so we won't be covering any part of the card itself here today. Instead we'll get straight into the overclocking side of things and then just get straight into some testing.
We love nothing more than MSI Afterburner for our overclocking which gave us the ability to move to a core voltage of 1.25v. This is up from the default 1.12v you get out of the box, and up again on the 1.175v you get in AUSUM mode.
What that extra voltage helped us do was get the card running at 1GHz on the cores and 5400MHz QDR on the 4GB of memory. Unfortunately for the card to run stable we had to crank the fan up to 100%. Still it was a sacrifice my ears where willing to make.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Overclocking]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 3 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel's unreleased 18-core Xeon CPU hits eBay for $999
- In case you missed it. ARK: Survival Evolved updated on Xbox One
- Twitch users spent 241 billion minutes watching games in 2015
- Samsung's huge 18.4-inch Galaxy View tablet drops to $449.99
- Google possibly making all-in-one, self-powered VR headset
- OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Any advice on redeeming Asus Promotions?
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives