We're going to keep this short and sweet because we know all you really care about is the results. To quickly summarize exactly what we're doing here today, though, we're firing up the latest beta build of MSI Afterburner and cranking even more volts through the two GPUs that are placed on that single PCB.
We've of course already looked at the Sapphire HD 6990 4GB in all its out of the box glory so we won't be covering any part of the card itself here today. Instead we'll get straight into the overclocking side of things and then just get straight into some testing.
We love nothing more than MSI Afterburner for our overclocking which gave us the ability to move to a core voltage of 1.25v. This is up from the default 1.12v you get out of the box, and up again on the 1.175v you get in AUSUM mode.
What that extra voltage helped us do was get the card running at 1GHz on the cores and 5400MHz QDR on the 4GB of memory. Unfortunately for the card to run stable we had to crank the fan up to 100%. Still it was a sacrifice my ears where willing to make.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Overclocking]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 3 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI unveils GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Armor & Aero cards
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' trailer spins wicked web
- 'Justice League', 'Aquaman' IMAX VR experiences on way
- Halo Wars Definitive Edition teased on PC with Steam
- MSI's mini-ITX Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC rocks GTX 1070
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- DDR3 RAM question
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design