The year of the Rabbit - It may be fitting since this year computer technology will be dominated by SSDs; the year of the hyper speed SSD! - 2011 will bring nearly double the performance and double the capacity, while driving costs even lower than what we saw in 2010. There will be something for everyone; if you want up to 550MB/s from a single drive or prefer a single drive with up to 600GB of storage capacity, you will be able to get it this year.
There is another area that we have yet to talk about, though, one that several will like to know more about. But to be honest, I'm not in the know at this time about it. With so many new controllers available, you have to wonder what will happen with last year's designs. Could a budget 120GB SandForce SF-1200 product hit the market, say at a 150 USD price point? - The biggest obstacle to mass SSD adaption is clearly the high cost of ownership. If this were to happen and we start to approach the 1 Dollar per Gig area, then more consumers would get a taste of that sweet SSD feeling and then crave faster SATA 6G models.
Maybe we are just trying to pull a rabbit out of our 2011 New Years hat, but if it were to happen, and I'm not saying it will, but if it were, then 2011 could be the year everyone adapts to the technology.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows 10 Creators Update is all about AR and VR
- Verizon acquires Vessel, will shut it down on October 31
- Nintendo investors hate new Switch console hybrid
- Nintendo teases Jan 12 event for 'major' Switch details
- Dolby Atmos update coming for Xbox One S
- Not able to adjust timings!
- Battlefield 1 PC Performance and Quality Report
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software