It's big business, the $210 video card market; it's where most companies see a lot of sales. While in the past it used to be the company that held the performance crown for fastest video card who would dominate this market, it seems that while NVIDIA may be struggling with its higher end models their mid range cards are the ones to be buying.
Today we're looking at two cards: Sapphires HD 5830 1GB and MSIs GTX 460 768MB Cyclone. Both are $210 at Newegg at the moment but the question remains: which one deserves your money?
This isn't just a rehash of us throwing in the HD 5830 results with the GTX 460 that we've already tested. What we're going to do is re-test the Sapphire HD 5830 on the latest Catalyst drivers and compare it to the MSI GTX 460 768MB. We'll also be looking at the OC potential of both cards which is becoming the selling post on most models. We will look at both cards at stock and overclocked to let you know which card you should lay down your hard earned cash for.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Candidates]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Temperature Test]
- Page 13 [Sound Test]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Next iPhone might not be that spectacular after all...
- Samsung confirms Black Pearl; comes with more storage
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD