It's big business, the $210 video card market; it's where most companies see a lot of sales. While in the past it used to be the company that held the performance crown for fastest video card who would dominate this market, it seems that while NVIDIA may be struggling with its higher end models their mid range cards are the ones to be buying.
Today we're looking at two cards: Sapphires HD 5830 1GB and MSIs GTX 460 768MB Cyclone. Both are $210 at Newegg at the moment but the question remains: which one deserves your money?
This isn't just a rehash of us throwing in the HD 5830 results with the GTX 460 that we've already tested. What we're going to do is re-test the Sapphire HD 5830 on the latest Catalyst drivers and compare it to the MSI GTX 460 768MB. We'll also be looking at the OC potential of both cards which is becoming the selling post on most models. We will look at both cards at stock and overclocked to let you know which card you should lay down your hard earned cash for.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Candidates]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Temperature Test]
- Page 13 [Sound Test]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Samsung announces huge 128GB DDR4 DIMMs for enterprise, data centers
- The9 pays $500 million for five-year Chinese exclusive on Cross Fire 2
- The first screenshots from the System Shock remake arrive
- AMD's new Zen APUs to deliver Xbox One/PS4 level performance in 2017
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS