Setting up PhysX on ATI
Getting PhysX up and running is really quite an easy task; it's just that there's some misinformation out there which might make it a little confusing. The first thing we do is install both our cards, then we install the drivers, which in our case are the Catalyst 10.5 and the ForceWare 257.15 releases.
Once that's done, we fire up GPU-Z and have a look at the cards. If you look at the bottom you'll see PhysX isn't ticked. That means it's not working. Now, if you've read Windows 7 information regarding this you'll have heard that you don't need to set up a fake adapter and extend your desktop. Well, in this case that isn't true.
So what we do is right click our desktop and go to screen resolutions.
Once that's done we hit Detect, move over to the monitor that shows as connected to the NVIDIA card and force the monitor via VGA. Hit apply and you'll now see your two monitors. What you then do is head down to Multiple Displays and extend the desktop.
Once that's done we fire up GPU-Z and as you can now see, PhysX is ticked. Now that that's working, let's get stuck into the benchmarks.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Setting up PhysX on ATI]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft sees 32GB of unreleased Windows builds leaked
- SpaceX successfully lands second Falcon 9 in 48 hours
- Nintendo expected to double current fiscal year profits
- ARMS sells over 100,000 copies in Japan in first week
- Titanfall 2 may hit 6K on Xbox One X with 100% GPU usage
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller