Setting up PhysX on ATI
Getting PhysX up and running is really quite an easy task; it's just that there's some misinformation out there which might make it a little confusing. The first thing we do is install both our cards, then we install the drivers, which in our case are the Catalyst 10.5 and the ForceWare 257.15 releases.
Once that's done, we fire up GPU-Z and have a look at the cards. If you look at the bottom you'll see PhysX isn't ticked. That means it's not working. Now, if you've read Windows 7 information regarding this you'll have heard that you don't need to set up a fake adapter and extend your desktop. Well, in this case that isn't true.
So what we do is right click our desktop and go to screen resolutions.
Once that's done we hit Detect, move over to the monitor that shows as connected to the NVIDIA card and force the monitor via VGA. Hit apply and you'll now see your two monitors. What you then do is head down to Multiple Displays and extend the desktop.
Once that's done we fire up GPU-Z and as you can now see, PhysX is ticked. Now that that's working, let's get stuck into the benchmarks.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Setting up PhysX on ATI]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ViaSat teams with Boeing for 1Tbps satellites, launches in 2019
- In 8 hours, Windows 10 sends data to Microsoft IP addresses 5500 times
- Magic Leap and Virtuix are the newest members of the ESA
- Opera receives $1.2 billion bid from Chinese consortium
- Filming on 'Star Wars Episode VIII' kicks off
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance