Setting up PhysX on ATI
Getting PhysX up and running is really quite an easy task; it's just that there's some misinformation out there which might make it a little confusing. The first thing we do is install both our cards, then we install the drivers, which in our case are the Catalyst 10.5 and the ForceWare 257.15 releases.
Once that's done, we fire up GPU-Z and have a look at the cards. If you look at the bottom you'll see PhysX isn't ticked. That means it's not working. Now, if you've read Windows 7 information regarding this you'll have heard that you don't need to set up a fake adapter and extend your desktop. Well, in this case that isn't true.
So what we do is right click our desktop and go to screen resolutions.
Once that's done we hit Detect, move over to the monitor that shows as connected to the NVIDIA card and force the monitor via VGA. Hit apply and you'll now see your two monitors. What you then do is head down to Multiple Displays and extend the desktop.
Once that's done we fire up GPU-Z and as you can now see, PhysX is ticked. Now that that's working, let's get stuck into the benchmarks.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Setting up PhysX on ATI]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Oculus Touch officially available as of today
- Samsung Galaxy S8 will not include headphone jack
- Apple hits record sales with their Apple Watch
- Uber is opening an advanced AI lab
- Surgeon Simulator ER is out on Steam and PSVR
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand