PhysX is growing on me and I think the reason for that is because PhysX on a whole is just growing. It's hasn't jumped forward heaps, but these days we're getting excited about up and coming games that will include the technology. Hello!?!?! Mafia 2 anyone?!
So, you like NVIDIA and you've bought yourself a GTX 480; you're someone that doesn't mind splashing a bit of money around so you're thinking about a dedicated PhysX card. You're not going to spend GTX 470 or GTX 480 money on a dedicated PhysX card. Instead something like a second hand GTX 2XX series could be a goer.
The thing is, you might find that you want to stay with the GTX 400 series, so the perfect card could be here for you. The GTX 465 comes in at under $300 and offers some pretty good performance. What kind of performance under PhysX, though? Is adding the card as a PhysX card to an already highly powerful card going to make a difference? Well, to be honest, I'm not sure. But I intend to find out today while at the same time letting you find out, too.
So, with that said, let's have a quick look at some GPU-Z shots first and then we'll get straight into our benchmarks which include a number of games that support PhysX. Let's find out if adding a GTX 465 to your GTX 480 is something worth doing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Setting up the GTX 480 with GTX 465 PhysX]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung is aware of weird fingerprint sensor location
- Destiny 2 to feature 'great story and characters'
- Samsung doubles Galaxy S8 supply, expects record sales
- Destiny 2 confirmed for PC release
- 4-player coop mode coming to Watch Dogs 2 in June
- iStorage datAshur Pro 8GB Encrypted Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R having wierd issues with 8 GB RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- CD PROJEKT summarizes its 2016 financial results
- Destiny 2 announced: blockbuster sequel to the biggest new console video game franchise launch of all time set for September 8
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software