PhysX is growing on me and I think the reason for that is because PhysX on a whole is just growing. It's hasn't jumped forward heaps, but these days we're getting excited about up and coming games that will include the technology. Hello!?!?! Mafia 2 anyone?!
So, you like NVIDIA and you've bought yourself a GTX 480; you're someone that doesn't mind splashing a bit of money around so you're thinking about a dedicated PhysX card. You're not going to spend GTX 470 or GTX 480 money on a dedicated PhysX card. Instead something like a second hand GTX 2XX series could be a goer.
The thing is, you might find that you want to stay with the GTX 400 series, so the perfect card could be here for you. The GTX 465 comes in at under $300 and offers some pretty good performance. What kind of performance under PhysX, though? Is adding the card as a PhysX card to an already highly powerful card going to make a difference? Well, to be honest, I'm not sure. But I intend to find out today while at the same time letting you find out, too.
So, with that said, let's have a quick look at some GPU-Z shots first and then we'll get straight into our benchmarks which include a number of games that support PhysX. Let's find out if adding a GTX 465 to your GTX 480 is something worth doing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Setting up the GTX 480 with GTX 465 PhysX]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's best single-player game
- Resident Evil 7 will enjoy free DLC chapter post-launch
- Gabe on Half-Life 3: 'the number 3 must not be said'
- Watch Dogs 2's new patch is better on RAM, and more
- Galaxy S8 rumored to cost $849, launches on March 29
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99