GTX 470 SLI performance was very strong. What our Total Performance Rating graphs showed us was that compared to a stock HD 5970 the setup is on a whole a nice chunk faster. The score it got, though, wasn't enough to take out top honors thanks to Sapphire and its HD 5970 TOXIC. Not only was the model able to outperform the SLI setup in stock form, but it also managed a bigger lead when it was overclocked.
The GTX 470 has a secret weapon, though. Unlike the GTX 480, the GTX 470 loves to be overclocked. There's really some massive performance on tap with the overclock we achieved on the Galaxy GTX 470 OC GC of 803MHz on the core, taking the lead over the much more expensive GTX 480.
Doing the math, the GTX 470 SLI setup when overclocked should be able to beat out the HD 5970 TOXIC in both forms. For starters, the GTX 480 is faster than the HD 5870 and what we're essentially doing today is offering almost SLI GTX 480s since we're clocking the cards up. Since the GTX 470 SLI setup was able to beat the stock HD 5970 by a nice little margin, yet fell behind the HD 5970 TOXIC only slightly, there's no reason it shouldn't take out top spot today.
If it does, though, at what cost? - Let's quickly see what we did with overclocking before we get into the actual results.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Setup]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.