We don't intend to make a habit out of overclocking loads of cards. Recently, though, we've offered overclocking articles alongside the standalone reviews that we normally offer. We have two reasons for doing this.
The first is that we're seeing a lot of new models and a lot of new series' from companies. The focus has also shifted heavily to overclocking on the models and people love to get more performance out of a product without having to spend any more.
The second is that we're seeing many companies offer software that allows us to increase the voltages on cards. This ability can really give the card a significant amount of breathing room when it comes to overclocking and we're ultimately seeing some of the biggest gains to date on the stock coolers.
Today the GTX 470 from Galaxy is getting OC love for two reasons. The first is we've finally taken the time to check out Xtreme Tuner HD which is Galaxy's own overclocking software. The second is that the model impressed us in the cooling department which was one of our biggest issues with the reference GTX 470, so we're hoping for a bit more head room.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Galaxy GTX 470 GC Overclocking]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Further Reading: Read and find more Video Cards content at our Video Cards reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Cyberattacks top threat to United States, intelligence agencies say
- Lenovo promises to be more transparent about pre-installed software
- Report: AR and VR devices will surge, 3M units in 2015 to 55M in 2020
- Google AI expert believes humans safe from AI dangers for a long time
- Social media being used to help identify Islamic extremism
- maximum ram in a GA-H55M-UD2H
- plugging a peripheral into front panel USB 2.0 killed the peripheral? and suspends the computer?
- USB Devices go unrecognized AM3+ Extreme 3 990fx
- Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M
- GALAX GeForce GTX 960 EXOC Video Card Review
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop
- Linux gadget with six displays - pixel art idea returns in a new shape
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse