We don't intend to make a habit out of overclocking loads of cards. Recently, though, we've offered overclocking articles alongside the standalone reviews that we normally offer. We have two reasons for doing this.
The first is that we're seeing a lot of new models and a lot of new series' from companies. The focus has also shifted heavily to overclocking on the models and people love to get more performance out of a product without having to spend any more.
The second is that we're seeing many companies offer software that allows us to increase the voltages on cards. This ability can really give the card a significant amount of breathing room when it comes to overclocking and we're ultimately seeing some of the biggest gains to date on the stock coolers.
Today the GTX 470 from Galaxy is getting OC love for two reasons. The first is we've finally taken the time to check out Xtreme Tuner HD which is Galaxy's own overclocking software. The second is that the model impressed us in the cooling department which was one of our biggest issues with the reference GTX 470, so we're hoping for a bit more head room.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Galaxy GTX 470 GC Overclocking]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.