Test System Setup - Deanzo
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage II Extreme (Supplied by ASUS)
Graphics Card: MSI 5870 (Supplied by MSI)
Cooling CPU: Dragon F1 Extreme Edition (KINGPIN COOLING)
Cooling GPU: Tek9 3.0 (KINGPIN COOLING)
Memory: OCZ Blades 2000MHz CAS7 (OCZ)
Hard Disk: 320GB Seagate (Seagate)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit RC7100
Drivers: ATI 9:11 WHQL - FM Approved
With the card running at stock speeds of 850MHz/1200MHz (core/memory) and the CPU overclock to just under the restriction, this produced a score of P17714.
Changing a setting or two and overclocking the MSI 5870 to 1380MHz/1350MHz produced a score of P24486.
Overall, I'm reasonably happy with my result. The MSI 5870 overclocked to a very respectable 1380MHz/1350MHz (core /memory), which enabled me to pass the world record at the start of this competition of P23444 by 1042 Marks, even with a capped CPU. Unfortunately it wasn't without incident.
While trying to obtain a run at 1400MHz/1350MHz (core/memory), the card gave in under the strain of the clocks and voltages that I was utilising. This is a risk that all serious overclockers understand and have to take.
Now, let's see how well the competition did and if my score holds up to the onslaught.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Components]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & Results - Yours Truly]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup & Results - Chispy]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup & Results - Expat GriZ]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup & Results - Andre]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup & Results - xoqolatl]
- Page 8 [Test System Setup & Results - Pro]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nanomaterial charges phones, electric cars in SECONDS
- Qualcomm's next-gen Snapdragon 845 teased
- Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 lets you land on the moon
- Intel Core i9-7960X benchmarks: 16C/32T 'Skylake-X' CPU
- Intel's new Core i7-8700K CPU detailed, 6C/12T @ 4.3GHz?
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4