I made a mistake! I hate to admit it, but with the HD 5970 launching so close to the new GT 240 my focus was on the new high-end model from ATI. While in the process of making sure I had a pair of them, I found myself doing a bit of a "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah" to a few companies that wanted to send the GT 240.
It's not that we don't like low-end cards here, it's just that we tend to look at one or two at launch time and then not worry about them much thereon. To be frank, most people don't find them very interesting.
What my "Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs" ultimately resulted in was having a grand total of six GT 240s in my possession. While we made sure one review was ready for the NDA lift, it didn't really solve the issue of covering the remaining five. So what we've done today is get the rest of them together, take some photos, look at some specifications and benchmark them to see if Palit, Galaxy, GIGABYTE, AXLE and TwinTech can offer us something a bit more exciting.
Being a round up, we won't be going into huge details on the cards themselves. We'll have a quick look at the package before doing a quick once over on the card itself. From there we'll have a quick look at the specifications and move onto the next card. Our benchmarking procedure has also slightly changed, but we'll cover that under the Test System Setup.
So with more GT 240s than I can poke a PCI-E slot at, let's look at our first one and see what exactly we have going on here today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Palit GT 240 1GB Sonic]
- Page 3 [Galaxy GT 240 512MB]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE GT 240 512MB]
- Page 5 [AXLE GT 240 512MB]
- Page 6 [TwinTech GT 240 512MB]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 8 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark (DX10)]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 17 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft testing Gears of War 4 PC, console crossplay
- Final Fantasy XV ships five million units in first day
- SSD costs expected to rise by 6-10% in early 2017
- Playdead drops Inside game demo free via Steam site
- Small patch for No Man's Sky incoming
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset
- Tesoro opens new product line with the release of its Zone Balance gaming chair