We're not going to blabber on too much here, because we're sure you don't want to read about us having two HD 5870s. You just want to know what happens when we put those two HD 5870s into the one system and run our flurry of benchmarks.
I have to say, over the past few releases we've had the ability to do Crossfire testing at launch, but the drivers haven't been ready from ATI. To be honest, when it came to these drivers we weren't sure if it was going to work, but with our cards installed and the drivers installed we were greeted with a window that told us that Crossfire could be enabled once we had rebooted.
There's two ways to see if it's actually working; the first is to fire up GPU-Z. In the screenshot above you can see at the bottom it says we've got two GPUs enabled under CrossFire. The next thing we had to do was fire up our benchmarks to see if everything was running as it should. I'm going to spoil it a bit here; yes, it worked. And really, you would know that already otherwise we wouldn't have bothered with the article. How well did it work, though? Well, let's go to the next page and find out exactly.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 12 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Further Reading: Read and find more Video Cards content at our Video Cards reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Social media being used to help identify Islamic extremism
- Barnes & Noble is keeping the NOOK Media digital business, for now
- NPD: Mobile gaming grew 20 percent in 2014, creating opportunities
- Intel to reclassify Atom processors with Atom x3, Atom x5 and Atom x7
- LG's unveils Watch Urbane LTE, lets you make calls from your wrist
- GALAX GeForce GTX 960 EXOC Video Card Review
- Intermittent hardware problem: CLR CMOS - Dr. Debug 67
- HIS Multi-View HDOCKP USB 3.0 Portable Docking Station Review
- Corsair HX1000i 1000W 80 PLUS Platinum Power Supply Review
- need new mother board
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop
- Linux gadget with six displays - pixel art idea returns in a new shape
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse