On a whole there's a little bit of movement across the board with the new driver set. We can see under Vantage the HD 4870 seems to have gotten a bit of a boost while in the real world the performance increase was only seen in Crysis.
The HD 4850 and HD 3870 didn't see any gains for the most part; in some places performance dropped slightly, which was a bit disappointing. This month again has been about bug fixes and there is a massive list which covers new games like Spore and Grid as well as older games including World in Conflict and Oblivion.
While the bug fixes are the most important part of the driver updates, there's no denying that getting some extra frames with a drive download is nice. Hopefully the driver team are working on a special fourth quarter release and maybe an early Christmas present.
Until next month, Happy Gaming!
Right of Reply
We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Further Reading: Read and find more Software content at our Software reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Dropping phablet prices putting pressure on smaller-sized smartphones
- Secret Service plans to test drone flights in Washington, D.C
- Tim Cook: Apple Watch could replace car keys for newer vehicles
- RIP 'Star Trek' legend Leonard Nimoy
- Cyberattacks top threat to United States, intelligence agencies say
- Intel ME (Management Engine Components). Is it important?
- ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer AM3+ Ultra Fast Boot Not Working?
- Setting up RAID 1 on FM2A88M Pro3+
- GIGABYTE X99-Gaming 5 (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK PCI-E Slot Confusion
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop
- Linux gadget with six displays - pixel art idea returns in a new shape
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse