ABIT IP35 Pro Off Limits
On to our last board, the ABIT IP35 Pro Off Limits. ABIT's designs are always fun. The box that ABIT ships its new board in is quite decorative. On the front you get the model number and some art work.
The back of the ABIT board contains the most info out of any board we were given along with a colour photo of the board itself, so no surprises on what you're getting.
ABIT's documents and software is also the best of all the boards. There are a total of three manuals, a case sticker and the CD. The case sticker has info on the board layout and header configurations. The rest of the documentation consists of a uGURU info manual and the board user manual. The software CD comes with all drivers for XP and Vista.
Lastly is the accessories bundle. ABIT has a modest package. Four of the six SATA ports get data cables as well as a single IDE and FDD cable. A USB/Firewire combo PCI cover bracket and I/O shield finish it off.
ABIT's PCB design is extremely full. The full 6-layer ATX board in a blue shade is used for the IP35 Pro Off limits. The layout is clean with the 24-pin power connector behind the DDR2 memory slots. The IDE and FDD ports are on the right hand side of the board with the SATA ports. Both the IDE and SATA ports are 90 degree aligned to the board.
Around the CPU, all is clean. ABIT's power regulator system is four phases and the mosfets are cooled by a heatsink and heat pipe that also keeps the northbridge cool.
The back of the board is pretty unique and special. Here you get two e.SATA ports along with 2 S/PDIF toslink ports. Two ethernet ports and a CMOS reset switch are found here as well.
Last but not least are the expansion slots and the additional controllers. ABIT uses two PCI-Express x16 slots, a blue and black one. The blue one runs at x16 speed off the northbridge's express lanes, and the black one runs at x4 off the southbridge's PCI-Express lanes.There is also one PCI-Express x1 slot and three PCI slots. The last of the additional controllers are a JMicron PCI-Express controller which runs the IDE port and the two e.SATA ports. For the firewire, you get it off the PCI based Texas Instruments controller chip.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Boards - Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Boards - Foxconn P35A]
- Page 4 [The Boards - Gigabyte P35-DS4]
- Page 5 [The Boards - ASUS P5K-E]
- Page 6 [The Boards - ECS P35T-A]
- Page 7 [The Boards - ABIT IP32 Pro Off Limits]
- Page 8 [BIOS Settings and Overclocking the Boards]
- Page 9 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Worldbench]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds gets temporary paid crates
- iPhone 8 prices to allegedly start from $1,100 to $1,200
- Corsair majority stake bought for $525 million
- Google Daydream to have 11 devices by the end of 2017
- Nokia's flagship will be announced on August 16th
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available