Got the big bucks? Can't close your wallet because there's too much money in it? Can't remember how many 0s after that first number in your bank account? Well we have the article for you.
The top dog for anyone wanting to go the Nvidia route is the 8800 Ultra, it's a fast card but it doesn't exactly scream performance-to-cost ratio. With pricing that starts around $600US to $700US, they're certainly not cheap.
The HD 2900 XT is the card sitting up top of the ATI pyramid. Pricing is closer to the $400US mark for just about all brands. A pair in crossfire is going to set you back around $800US.
It's more expensive but with the average price of an Ultra costing around $700US it's only roughly 13%. If you see the performance increase it's not really that big of a deal.
Since we're going to use the Sapphire HD 2900 XT in today's article which we hadn't had the chance to look at before, we thought we would just have a quick look at the package and the card before we get into what really matters.
Let's hop to it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Rydermark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast HDR)]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Supreme Commander]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo NX has a 60% chance at succeeding, says analyst
- iPad Pro chip A9X broken down, specs revealed
- AMD Crimson driver causing fan issues, hotfix incoming
- Apacer announces new Panther 2666MHz DDR4 RAM modules
- Police called due to altercation between eSports pro and journalist
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis