Got the big bucks? Can't close your wallet because there's too much money in it? Can't remember how many 0s after that first number in your bank account? Well we have the article for you.
The top dog for anyone wanting to go the Nvidia route is the 8800 Ultra, it's a fast card but it doesn't exactly scream performance-to-cost ratio. With pricing that starts around $600US to $700US, they're certainly not cheap.
The HD 2900 XT is the card sitting up top of the ATI pyramid. Pricing is closer to the $400US mark for just about all brands. A pair in crossfire is going to set you back around $800US.
It's more expensive but with the average price of an Ultra costing around $700US it's only roughly 13%. If you see the performance increase it's not really that big of a deal.
Since we're going to use the Sapphire HD 2900 XT in today's article which we hadn't had the chance to look at before, we thought we would just have a quick look at the package and the card before we get into what really matters.
Let's hop to it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Rydermark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast HDR)]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Supreme Commander]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen Radeon RX 480 priced at $199, a mid-range VR champion?
- Watch AMD's Polaris reveal livestream right here
- Japan being Japan teases 8K video streaming over a 5G network
- Learn everything Java with the Ultimate Java Bundle
- G.Skill announces two new Ripjaws mechanical keyboards
- Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 7 - Both BIOS And System Informaiton Viewer - Smart Fan Advanced Software, Do NOT Control Fans
- New router needed?
- ASUSTOR AS3204T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Intel "Broadwell-E" Core i7-6950X 10-Core Extreme Edition CPU Review
- GA-Z170X-GAMING 5 New build option questions
- G.SKILL announces new RIPJAWS KM570 MX and KM770 RGB mechanical gaming keyboards
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series