Got the big bucks? Can't close your wallet because there's too much money in it? Can't remember how many 0s after that first number in your bank account? Well we have the article for you.
The top dog for anyone wanting to go the Nvidia route is the 8800 Ultra, it's a fast card but it doesn't exactly scream performance-to-cost ratio. With pricing that starts around $600US to $700US, they're certainly not cheap.
The HD 2900 XT is the card sitting up top of the ATI pyramid. Pricing is closer to the $400US mark for just about all brands. A pair in crossfire is going to set you back around $800US.
It's more expensive but with the average price of an Ultra costing around $700US it's only roughly 13%. If you see the performance increase it's not really that big of a deal.
Since we're going to use the Sapphire HD 2900 XT in today's article which we hadn't had the chance to look at before, we thought we would just have a quick look at the package and the card before we get into what really matters.
Let's hop to it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Rydermark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast HDR)]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Supreme Commander]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now