You have to admit that it's quite strange when the most high-end graphic card from AMD comes in at around 40% cheaper than the top VGA card from Nvidia, even after the recent price drop. As far as we can remember, this is the only time we have seen something like this happen.
When we had a look at the Radeon HD 2900 XT the other week from MSI we were impressed with it as the new drivers gave it a big boost and it was capable of outperforming the GeForce 8800 GTX at times - could the HD 2900 XT continue to perform and even pass the Ultra?
With both AMD's and Nvidia's top cards in hand thanks to ASUS, we will have a look at what exactly ASUS has done with the cards and then continue to pit them against each other.
Is it worth really spending all that money on an Ultra? Let's continue on and find out the answer, shall we?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [ASUS HD 2900 XT - Package]
- Page 3 [ASUS HD 2900 XT - Card]
- Page 4 [ASUS 8800 Ultra - Package]
- Page 5 [ASUS 8800 Ultra - Card]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - RyderMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast HDR)]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Supreme Commander]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Overclocking]
- Page 15 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG's new 5K display designed for latest MacBook Pro
- 3DS won't be cannibalized by Switch, says Nintendo
- Qualcomm acquires NXP Semiconductor for $47 billion
- Nintendo Switch has 6-inch 720p multi-touchscreen
- Twitter kills Vine app, web version still available
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- Not able to adjust timings!
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications