Intel's Core architecture is now the technology of the present and future. Intel has done a magnificent job in order to unify its CPU architecture for Server, Desktop and Mobile.
As for Mobile on Desktop, while it may be cheaper for a Core 2 Duo over a Core Duo processor for your gaming needs, as for power consumption and performance per watt, where a laptop or HTPC are concerned, Core Duo has the goods.
However, while the MSI 945GT plus Core Duo mobile offer good gaming performance, the overall platform is quite expensive and you'll be able to get yourself setup with a relatively good Intel P965 based motherboard and Core 2 Duo E6400 at slightly a better price, which should offer similar performance in most cases.
MSI has done a reasonably good job in its first Core architecture board however we would like to see a more robust overclocking setup to consider it a desktop contender.
For now, it's good as a Workstation board, but more suited to the HTPC niche with plenty of good features to satisfy most of these types of users.
Supports all Core Duo, Solo and upcoming Core 2 Duo 478 CPU
Dual Gigabit LAN
Onboard digital audio output
Plenty of expansion slots
ATX or Micro ATX compatible
Needs better overclocking support
Overall platform not so good value for money
- Latest Pricing
Rating - 8.5 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Inside The Box]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Media Encoding]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds gets temporary paid crates
- iPhone 8 prices to allegedly start from $1,100 to $1,200
- Corsair majority stake bought for $525 million
- Google Daydream to have 11 devices by the end of 2017
- Nokia's flagship will be announced on August 16th
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available