Intel's Core architecture is now the technology of the present and future. Intel has done a magnificent job in order to unify its CPU architecture for Server, Desktop and Mobile.
As for Mobile on Desktop, while it may be cheaper for a Core 2 Duo over a Core Duo processor for your gaming needs, as for power consumption and performance per watt, where a laptop or HTPC are concerned, Core Duo has the goods.
However, while the MSI 945GT plus Core Duo mobile offer good gaming performance, the overall platform is quite expensive and you'll be able to get yourself setup with a relatively good Intel P965 based motherboard and Core 2 Duo E6400 at slightly a better price, which should offer similar performance in most cases.
MSI has done a reasonably good job in its first Core architecture board however we would like to see a more robust overclocking setup to consider it a desktop contender.
For now, it's good as a Workstation board, but more suited to the HTPC niche with plenty of good features to satisfy most of these types of users.
Supports all Core Duo, Solo and upcoming Core 2 Duo 478 CPU
Dual Gigabit LAN
Onboard digital audio output
Plenty of expansion slots
ATX or Micro ATX compatible
Needs better overclocking support
Overall platform not so good value for money
- Latest Pricing
Rating - 8.5 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Inside The Box]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Media Encoding]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni