For a while now we have found that the higher-end ASUS graphics cards come with these massive boxes which hold an absolute bucket load of information.
The front of the box gives us our normal run of the mill details like main features and some of the awards ASUS have one, we can also see that since these cards are part of the "Silent" line up they output a total noise level of 0dB. We can also clearly see that the 7800GT TOP Silent is SLI ready.
Opening the box up like a book we can see a wealth of information with the most interesting revolving around the SilentCool technology ASUS have used on the 7800GTs we are looking at today.
Moving onto the back of the box we have what is included, a list of awards and extended specs on the card along with some of the software that included.
With the massive box out the way we can move onto the package, included is a DVI to VGA connector and an S-Video like connector that comes out to a little box with a whole lot of little connectors.
Having a closer look at the box we can see all our important connections, the HDTV out connectors, the video in connectors and the video out connectors. Making it into a little box like this is a lot neater and saves you having a load of cables coming straight out the back of your PC.
Paperwork wise there is your normal VGA manual and a driver and utilities installation guide. We would be a bit worried if you were reading them but if you need some light reading on the way back from your computer shop, they may come in handy.
This is where the premium for a card like the ASUS 7800GT TOP Silent comes in; we see cool little extras like this CD wallet which we don't see from other card makers.
Moving onto the more exciting software side of things we have a huge amount of CDs included in the package. We have got two game packs which offer three games each but also the recently released Peter Jackson's King Kong game based off the movie.
We also have a load of other software included like Medi@Show, ASUSDVD, PowerDirector along with our driver CD.
The bundle for the 7800GT TOP Silent is excellent and it's been a while since we have seen such a strong package for a graphics card. The big bundle helps justify the higher cost that comes with buying an ASUS graphics card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - CPU Overclocking]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Graphics Card Overclocking]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- KitGuru editor in chief apologizes for 'inflammatory' AMD article
- Intel Battery Optimizer Android app now cleans, too
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- OWC Introduces 3TB Mercury Elite Pro External Storage
- Raijintek Atlantis Line of DIY Watercooling Products Now Available
- EVGA Announces the 'Bullets or Blades' Bundle
- Seagate Completes Acquisition of Dot Hill Systems
- Be Quiet! Announces Silent Base 600 Case Series