We're now testing some new games, including Overwatch, which runs beautifully on mid-range hardware, and we're also running Battlefield 1 in 64-player multiplayer sessions. After testing various maps and methods, we are running an entire match of Overwatch (6v6) and a 5-minute round of 64-player Conquest mode in Battlefield 1.
After many hours of gaming - yeah, this job is pretty awesome - we found that there was a 3-6% variance in the minimum and average FPS. We could get this lower, but it would require magnitudes more time, and it would never get to 0-1%. This gives us the best of both worlds, as you can throw a 10% average mix onto the numbers, and still get a near accurate result for real-world testing - and not just the built-in benchmarks.
Battlefield 1 is the latest and greatest first-person shooter from EA DICE, powered by the incredibly beautiful and high-end Frostbite engine. It has DX11 and DX12 support, so we test both - it's one of the games we run in real-time 64-player multiplayer matches.
You can buy Battlefield 1 at Amazon.
Blizzard created one of the best team-based first-person shooters with Overwatch, which looks great and runs ridiculously smooth, even on lower-end hardware.
You can buy Overwatch at Amazon.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specs, Cooling Tech & Detailed Look]
- Page 3 [Testing Methodology & Test Setup Configuration]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks @ 1080p]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - DX12 & Real World Gaming]
- Page 7 [Performance Summary & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Unikrn expands into Vegas, acquires eSports firm LEET
- Nintendo reveals foldable New 2DS XL for $149
- AMD's new Ryzen Balanced Power Plan drivers are here
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives