Streaming, New Tech & Features
The gaming market is filled with so many different things these days, compared to the 90s when I was gaming like a mad teenager that didn't need Redbull to stay up all night and get my Quake fix. We have Twitch streaming where 1.7 million active broadcasters are on Twitch per month, with 100 million viewers.
These are some pretty crazy numbers, considering Twitch has only been around for a few years, and I can still hear the echo of parents from yesteryear, and unfortunately even from today "but Johnny, you can't make money playing those damn games!".
Vulkan & DX12
While it stands, Vulkan and DX12-powered games are few and far between, but there are some exciting ones on the way. Right now, we have Hitman and DOOM, but soon we'll have Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Battlefield 1, which will cement AMD's position in the post-DX11 world I hope will soon emerge from the ashes.
AMD has been dominating the Vulkan side of things, with improved performance in games like DOOM with up to 30% more performance. That's not a bad improvement over the OpenGL version of the game and is a free bonus to the Radeon RX series graphics cards.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [It's Not Just About Gaming, Either]
- Page 3 [Specs, Cooling Tech & A Detailed Look]
- Page 4 [Testing Methodology & Test Setup Configuration]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks @ 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks @ 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks @ 4K]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - DX12]
- Page 10 [Power, Temperature, & Noise]
- Page 11 [Performance Summary & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- HTC's new One X10 teased, a new budget 5.5-inch phone
- Nintendo Switch may use 4GB LPDDR4 1600MHz RAM
- 'Never Go Back' with our 'Jack Reacher' Blu-ray giveaway
- Horizon Zero Dawn: solid 30FPS on the PS4 Pro
- AMD Ryzen explained: motherboards, CPUs, and more
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league