250W Under Load
AMD's new Polaris architecture is power efficient, but NVIDIA really nailed the power efficient GPU game with Pascal. NVIDIA's new GeForce GTX 1070 is a much faster card, and it consumes 21% less power. But, if we compare the new SAPPHIRE Nitro Radeon RX 470 against the likes of the SAPPHIRE Nitro R9 380X 4GB, it uses 10W more.
Temperature & Noise
These new graphics cards on the 14nm and 16nm FinFET process are getting a little hot under the collar already, but SAPPHIRE keeps its cool with the Nitro Radeon RX 470 4GB. Under 100% load in our gaming and benchmark sessions, where I may have played 10 hours or more of Overwatch testing out Lucio, the Nitro Radeon RX 470 4GB stayed at an average of 72C.
Even at 72C, the card wasn't running overly hot, nor did the Dual-X cooler have its fans spool up. I didn't play around with the fan curve at all, but you could keep the card much cooler by tweaking the fan speed up when the card gets to 50-60C.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [It's Not Just About Gaming, Either]
- Page 3 [Specs, Cooling Tech & A Detailed Look]
- Page 4 [Testing Methodology & Test Setup Configuration]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks @ 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks @ 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks @ 4K]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - DX12]
- Page 10 [Power, Temperature, & Noise]
- Page 11 [Performance Summary & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook pays up to $3 million per ep for original shows
- Intel's next-gen 6C/12T: competes with AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
- Microsoft sees 32TB of unreleased Windows builds leaked
- SpaceX successfully lands second Falcon 9 in 48 hours
- Nintendo expected to double current fiscal year profits
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller