250W Under Load
AMD's new Polaris architecture is power efficient, but NVIDIA really nailed the power efficient GPU game with Pascal. NVIDIA's new GeForce GTX 1070 is a much faster card, and it consumes 21% less power. But, if we compare the new SAPPHIRE Nitro Radeon RX 470 against the likes of the SAPPHIRE Nitro R9 380X 4GB, it uses 10W more.
Temperature & Noise
These new graphics cards on the 14nm and 16nm FinFET process are getting a little hot under the collar already, but SAPPHIRE keeps its cool with the Nitro Radeon RX 470 4GB. Under 100% load in our gaming and benchmark sessions, where I may have played 10 hours or more of Overwatch testing out Lucio, the Nitro Radeon RX 470 4GB stayed at an average of 72C.
Even at 72C, the card wasn't running overly hot, nor did the Dual-X cooler have its fans spool up. I didn't play around with the fan curve at all, but you could keep the card much cooler by tweaking the fan speed up when the card gets to 50-60C.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [It's Not Just About Gaming, Either]
- Page 3 [Specs, Cooling Tech & A Detailed Look]
- Page 4 [Testing Methodology & Test Setup Configuration]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks @ 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks @ 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks @ 4K]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - DX12]
- Page 10 [Power, Temperature, & Noise]
- Page 11 [Performance Summary & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How you can become a hacker's worst nightmare
- Snapchat announces sunglasses with a built-in camera
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now