We precondition the drive for 16,000 seconds, or 4.44 hours, receiving performance data every second. We plot this data to observe the test subjects descent into steady state. We plot both IOPS and Latency. We plot IOPS (represented by blue scatter) in thousands and Latency (represented by orange scatter) in milliseconds. We observe the SM863 achieving a steady state at 4,500 seconds of preconditioning. The PM863 achieves a steady state at about 6,000 seconds of preconditioning. We observe extreme consistency with zero outstanding IO's from the SM863.
An Email Server workload is a demanding 8K test with a 50 percent R/W distribution. This application gives a good indication of how well a drive will perform in a write heavy workload environment.
The SM863 owns this test, delivering vastly superior performance in comparison to the rest of the drives in our test pool. The SM863 is serving up close to double the performance of Micron's M510DC at QD16-32. The PM863 shows once again that it is a worthy replacement for the 845DC EVO. Samsung's enterprise SSDs deliver remarkable mixed workload performance.
Conclusion: The SM863 cuts through this demanding workload with ease.
PRICING: You can find the Samsung SM863 960GB Enterprise SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Samsung SM863 960GB Enterprise SSD retails for $571 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Samsung SM863 960GB Enterprise SSD retails for £497 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 with stylus introduced at MWC
- Did you want a Nokia Android smartphone? Here are three!
- Huawei unveils the Watch 2 and Watch 2 Classic
- Enter the 'Doctor Strange' world in our Blu-ray giveaway
- Huawei unveils the P10 and P10 Plus
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity
- Razer releases power bank smart charge mobile accessory
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand