We precondition the drive for 16,000 seconds, or 4.44 hours, receiving performance data every second. We plot this data to observe the test subjects descent into steady state. We plot both IOPS and Latency. We plot IOPS (represented by blue scatter) in thousands and Latency (represented by orange scatter) in milliseconds. We observe the SM863 achieving a steady state at 4,500 seconds of preconditioning. The PM863 achieves a steady state at about 6,000 seconds of preconditioning. We observe extreme consistency with zero outstanding IO's from the SM863.
An Email Server workload is a demanding 8K test with a 50 percent R/W distribution. This application gives a good indication of how well a drive will perform in a write heavy workload environment.
The SM863 owns this test, delivering vastly superior performance in comparison to the rest of the drives in our test pool. The SM863 is serving up close to double the performance of Micron's M510DC at QD16-32. The PM863 shows once again that it is a worthy replacement for the 845DC EVO. Samsung's enterprise SSDs deliver remarkable mixed workload performance.
Conclusion: The SM863 cuts through this demanding workload with ease.
PRICING: You can find the Samsung SM863 960GB Enterprise SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Samsung SM863 960GB Enterprise SSD retails for $571 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Samsung SM863 960GB Enterprise SSD retails for £497 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 900p docked, 720p undocked
- Super Mario Odyseey hits 7 million views on YouTube
- Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR10, Dolby Vision
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99