Super Talent is a company well regarded as a top-notch supplier of quality flash and memory solutions. Headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley, Super Talent Technology Corporation designs and manufactures flash based storage solutions for enterprise servers, portable devices, personal computers and consumer electronics.
Super Talent prides themselves on utilizing "industrial grade NAND Flash chips" throughout their SSD product lines. The TeraNova drive we have in the lab today is a perfect example of Super Talent's commitment to utilizing superior flash components. Employing genuine Intel 20nm NAND flash, the TeraNova is an attractive alternative to 16nm flash-based SSD's that are so prevalent in today's value segment.
The "TeraDrive", as Super Talent calls it, is priced at around $25 dollars higher than competing 16nm based value oriented SSD's. In our opinion, that additional $25 is money well spent. This is the first drive we've tested that leverages a Silicon Motion SM2246EN controller and 20nm Intel MLC flash. The TeraNova should outperform others equipped with the same controller and 16nm flash, at least in a heavy-duty workload scenario.
We are eager to see how this controller/flash combination will do with our rigorous testing regimen, so let's get going.
Specifications Super Talent TeraNova 480GB SATA III SSD
Super Talent's TeraNova SATA III 2.5" FF SSD is available in four capacities: 60GB, 120GB, 240GB and 480GB. Sequential read performance for the TeraNova is listed as over 500MB/s. Sequential write performance is listed at over 410MB/s.
Random performance is not specified. Super Talent backs the TeraNova with an industry standard three-year warranty. No TBW is given.
PRICING: You can find the Super Talent TeraNova 2.5-Inch 480GB SATA 6Gb/s Solid State Disk FTM48N325H for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Super Talent TeraNova 480GB retails for $186 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - Max IOPS, Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook is working on a modular smartphone
- Samsung's 1st dual camera phone has an Always On Display
- $32 million of Ethereum stolen by hackers
- Fake AMD Ryzen CPUs have been sent by Amazon
- Avast acquires CCleaner and Speeccy developer Piriform
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4