CloudSpeed Eco Internals
The SanDisk CloudSpeed Eco comes in a 2.5" form factor with a slim 7mm z-height. The SSD features the 6Gb/s SATA connection, and the fasteners are sealed with Loctite to prevent loosening in high-vibration environments.
The PCB is nestled snugly inside a custom-molded case without any additional internal fasteners. The large pink thermal pad actually doesn't have a component underneath; the SSD controller resides on the flip side of the PCB. The Eco cools the controller by pulling heat from the underside and shedding it into the case.
16 total packages of SanDisk 19nm NAND provide 960GB of user-addressable capacity. We also note the 14 power capacitors on the rear of the PCB, and open pads for additional capacitors on the top. These capacitors, in tandem with firmware optimizations, persist any data in-flight to the NAND media in the event of host power loss.
The proven and reliable Marvell 88SS9189-BLD2 controller runs SanDisk's proprietary firmware implementation that features the Guardian Technology Platform. Two 512MB Micron DRAM packages flank the controller to provide a total of 1GB of DDR3-1600 cache.
CloudSpeed Eco Specifications
The CloudSpeed Eco is available with the SDLFNDAR-240G-1HXX, SDLFNDAR-480G-1HXX, and SDLFNDAR-960G-1HXX part numbers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Mini is super-small, powerful
- Sony to launch two new Xperia flagship devices this year
- MSI has the first graphics card with a USB Type-C port
- The Nokia 3310 finally goes on sale
- MSI confirms GTX 1080 Ti LIGHTNING Z for Computex 2017
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017