SanDisk offers a complete range of storage offerings that span the entire range of flash products; from the highest capacity PCIe offerings on the market to the highest capacity 4TB SAS SSDs, SanDisk has the bases covered. SanDisk has also pioneered the fusion of flash storage and the low latency memory bus with their revolutionary ULLtraDIMM product, which is covered in our SanDisk ULLtraDIMM DDR3 400GB Enterprise SSD Review.
These high-end solutions provide bleeding edge performance through SAS, PCIe, and memory channels, but SanDisk also provides solutions for the ever-growing 6Gb/s SATA segment. SATA SSDs offer wide compatibility with existing infrastructure, and an economical price point. SanDisk's CloudSpeed SSDs address read-centric and mixed-use workloads with three different offerings. The CloudSpeed Ultra delivers three DWPD (Drive Write Per Day) for heavier workloads and a higher random write speed of 30,000 IOPS, and the CloudSpeed Ascend offers one DWPD with 14,000 IOPS of random write performance. Both of these upper-tier SATA SSDs utilize eMLC to deliver a five-year warranty period.
The CloudSpeed Eco we are evaluating today leverages standard consumer class MLC (cMLC) to deliver the lowest price point, and one DWPD of endurance for a three-year warranty period. The CloudSpeed Eco addresses web servers, web 2.0 content repositories, photo sharing, media streaming, and VOD applications.
The price-sensitive SATA SSD segment values endurance and reliability over raw performance, and the CloudSpeed Eco employs SanDisk's proprietary Guardian Technology Platform to provide power-loss protection, and end-to-end data path protection. The Eco also features a BER of one per 10^17, and a two-million hour MTBF. We take a closer look at the three components of Guardian Technology on the following page.
The 6Gb/s SATA CloudSpeed Eco leverages SanDisk's 19nm MLC NAND, and comes in capacities of 240, 480, and 960GB. Random and sequential read performance are crucial in the value segment, and the Eco delivers up to 80,000 random read IOPS and 475 MB/s of sequential read speed. Random write speed weighs in at 14,000 IOPS, and sequential write speeds reach 450 MB/s.
The Eco leverages the Marvell 9189 controller running proprietary SanDisk firmware featuring the Guardian Technology Platform, and 1GB of DDR3-1600 DRAM to deliver a consistent performance profile that offers excellent performance in RAID arrays. The Eco SSDs feature thermal monitoring, which throttles performance if the SSD exceeds the rated thermal envelope.
The CloudSpeed family has progressed through previous CloudSpeed 500 and CloudSpeed 1000E products to the three new models that provide a low price point. Let's take a closer look at the CloudSpeed Eco.
PRICING: You can find the SanDisk CloudSpeed Eco 960GB SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The CloudSpeed Eco 960GB SSD retails for $995.00 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft to announce Xbox One X pre-order details soon
- VRAM prices increase over 30% in August alone
- Netflix to spend $7 billion on content in 2018
- Intel's next-gen Ice Lake CPUs announced SUPER EARLY
- Destiny 2's new 4K trailer: PC master race goodness
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- how many pcie slots can i use?
- Bios question on new build
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes