Total Access Time
The access time test measures the total latency across all 18 tests. This is one of, if not the most important test we run at this time for consumer SSDs. When your latency is low, your computer feels fast; it's just that simple.
More important than the throughput is the latency. This shows how fast you feel your computer is performing in everything you do. Installing a SSD is like uninstalling Windows Hourglass; a really good SSD means instant everything. In light use, the S3C performs very well, but once you start using the drive hard, the latency jump up considerably.
Disk Busy Time
In the final test, we measure the amount of time the drive worked to read and write the data to complete the test. When a drive is active, it uses more power, so the faster it can complete the tasks the faster it can fall into a low-power state.
The disk busy time chart for the S3C is nearly identical to the latency chart. Under consumer workloads, the S3C does fairly well, but under intense loads, the drive has to work a lot harder to complete the tasks.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing, and Availability]
- Page 2 [Apotop S3C 256GB SSD]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Mixed Read / Write Workloads]
- Page 6 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test]
- Page 7 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test - Continued]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Interview and Product Tour With Lian Li's Jameson Chen
- MSI says AMD Radeon RX Vega 'needs a lot of power'
- Titanfall 2 enjoys strong 1 million MAU count
- WB Games opens New York studio for live service support
- Dynasty Warriors 9 goes open world with new combo system
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- In Win 301 Mini-Tower Chassis Review
- Best bang for your buck: AC1900 Wireless Routers
- ADATA XPG SX8000 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- repairing rj45 port on g751j laptop
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller
- Full E3 Coliseum lineup announced