8k Random Read/Write
Many server workloads rely heavily upon 8k performance and we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our server workloads also test 8k performance with various mixed read/write distributions.
The average 8K random read speed of the OCZ Intrepid 3600 is 51,859 IOPS at 256 OIO, the Samsung 845DC EVO is 52,731 IOPS, the Micron M500DC is 48,034 IOPS, and the Intel DC S3500 measures 44,444 IOPS.
The Intrepid 3600 continues to challenge the 845DC EVO's slight lead.
The Intrepid averages 17,898 IOPS, the M500DC easily leads with an average of 23,852 IOPS, the 845DC EVO comes in second with 7,112 IOPS, and the DC S3500 averages 6,937 IOPS.
The Intrepid leads the DC S3500 and the 845DC EVO but falls behind the M500DC.
The Intrepid once again wins in overall performance in mixed workload testing. Our latency measurements confirm the same M500DC latency advantage we observed with the 4k mixed workload testing.
Power consumption for the Intrepid averages 5.51 Watts, the 845DC EVO averages 3.54 Watts, the M500DC averages 4.77 Watts, and the DC S3500 averages 3.75.
The Intrepid atones for its higher power consumption with an average of 3,097 IOPS per Watt, the M500DC leads the efficiency test with 4,877 IOPS per Watt, the 845DC EVO averages 1,994 IOPS, and the DC S3500 averages 1,584 IOPS per Watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook rolls out Halloween themed masks in Live videos
- Just in time for Halloween: NASA discovers pumpkin stars
- Facebook turns reactions into Halloween themed symbols
- New Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter game out now
- NASA provides further details of the ESA's lander crash
- Booting Problem
- AsRock 4Core1600P35-WiFi+ DDR3 no POST.
- CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology (October 2016)
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications