Introduction of the Sapphire R9 270X 2GB Vapor-X OC
Lately we've had a chance to look at a whole slew of AMD video cards ranging from some of the more budget friendly mid-level options to some of the most expensive single GPU options from the company. Today, we're checking out the mid-range R9 270X 2GB, under the much loved Vapor-X name.
The R9 270X 2GB has always been a strong mid-range model from AMD, and has performed well since it has launched. Along with some strong performance, the model also hit at a great price point, making it a great option for people who don't want to spend too much money.
The Vapor-X line of cards from Sapphire has always performed extremely strong, but we can't deny that our focus has been on the higher-end versions of AMD cards lately. It will be interesting to see just how the series goes on with the mid-range based R9 270X 2GB.
Instead of testing the card at the out of the box speeds, we'll be firing up MSI Afterburner to see just what kind of performance we can get out of the card via overclocking, and see if the Vapor-X name can stay strong. But first, let's see what's going on with the packaging for the card.
Package - What comes inside the box
Taking a look at the front of the box, you can see the typical Vapor-X setup, which sees the black and blue combination. Across the top, you can see the Vapor-X R9 270X name. Moving down from there, we have the brand, and some of the main features.
The main features listed include the fact this card is an overclock edition, it comes with 2GB of GDDR5, and it carries the Dual-X cooler with Vapor-X technology.
Turning the box over, you can see we've got a bit of a blurb on the left hand side. The right hand side gives us a run down on the same features, which again include the Vapor-X cooling technology and Dual-X cooler.
Moving inside, you can see the normal Sapphire bundle, which includes the Quick Install Guide, and a leaflet on the Sapphire Select Club.
We've also got a Driver CD, DVI to VGA connector, CrossFire Bridge, two Molex to 6-Pin PCIe Power Connectors, and the standard HDMI cable that Sapphire so often includes with their higher-end models. It's great to see them offer the HDMI on the mid-range R9 270X 2GB.
PRICING: You can find the Sapphire R9 270X 2GB Vapor-X OC for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Sapphire R9 270X 2GB Vapor-X OC retails for $199.95 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Video Card Details and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & FPS Numbers Explained]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Sky Diver & Catzilla]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven & Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2 & Just Cause 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks -Metro: Last Light & Nexuiz]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2 & Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Hitman: Absolution & Tomb Raider]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite & Battlefield 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - GRID Autosport]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 4K - 3840 x 2160 Testing]
- Page 15 [Temperature & Sound Testing]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Testing]
- Page 17 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni