Bapco MobileMark 2012 1.5
Version and / or Patch Used: 2012 1.5
Developer Homepage: http://www.bapco.com
Test Homepage: http://www.bapco.com
MobileMark 2012 1.5 is an application-based benchmark that reflects usage patterns of business users in the areas of office productivity, media creation, and media consumption. Unlike benchmarks that only measure battery life, MobileMark 2012 measures battery life and performance simultaneously to show how well a system design addresses the inherent tradeoffs between performance and power management.
The Crucial MX100 512GB performed very well in our Notebook Battery Life Test, coming in at just over 272 minutes. The notebook used does not take advantage of DEVSLP though, a low-power state introduced with Intel's new Haswell processor, paired with the 8-Series chipset.
Power Limited Performance
In a notebook running on battery power, several system buses are reduced in speed to save power. This reduced-power state affects every component, from the processor, GPU, and chipset, to the lanes connecting them together. The SSD connects to the chipset through a bus, and the chipset connects to the CPU through another bus; both are limited by the power management system under batter power.
This is a performance test under crippling conditions, and it shows the efficiency of the SSD in a reduced-power state for the system.
Like many of the other performance tests, the MX100 does well, but not spectacular when looking at performance on its own. This is when take the time to consider the price again, and at that point, the smile returns to our faces.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives