Introduction of the HIS R9 290 4GB IceQ X2 Turbo
Computex didn't bring a whole lot to the table this year when it came to new items. Instead, most of what we saw on display had already been delivered or was already on the way. This especially holds true for motherboards and video cards, and a decent pile is sitting behind me right now and has only grown during the week that was Computex.
The first item to get pulled off of the pile comes from HIS and is, of course, an AMD based video card. The HIS R9 290 4GB IceQ X2 Turbo we're looking at is part of the popular IceQ line of cards that we've seen from HIS for as long as I can remember. The latest version has an awesome looking shroud, and we're hoping it has the performance to match the funkiness of it.
Since we're pretty well versed to both HIS and the latest crop of AMD cards, there really doesn't seem to be a need to say too much here. Instead, we can go straight into the bundle to see just what HIS is offering us today with the R9 290 4GB IceQ X2 Turbo video card.
Package - What comes inside the box
Taking a look at the box, you can see the standard IceQ X2 design with the brand and model clearly shown on the front. You can see in the top right corner that we're dealing with an OC version of the card.
Turning the box over, you can see that HIS goes into some of the main features that are being offered, including a "cooler and quieter" design thanks to the IceQ X2 cooler and its five heat pipes. Below that, you can see a mention of the high quality components used, including a 6 dynamic phase control PWM IC along with solid state capacitors and choke.
HIS bundles are never that big, and moving inside, you can see there's not too much going on. The driver CD, manual, and a case sticker are all included in a nice little folder that sits inside the box.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Video Card Details and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & FPS Numbers Explained]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven & Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks – Lost Planet 2 & Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks – F1 2012 & Metro Last Light]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks – Dirt Showdown & Nexuiz]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks – Sniper Elite V2 & Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks – Hitman Absolution & Tomb Raider]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks – BioShock Infinite & Battlefield 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks – 4K – 3840 x 2160 Testing]
- Page 14 [Temperature & Sound Testing]
- Page 15 [Power Consumption Testing]
- Page 16 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft says its worker cutback affected staff diversity
- Sony tells users not to upgrade to Windows 10
- Increase in card use ensures China's payment fraud rises
- Arrests conducted in Britain over malware-assisting website
- Multiple University staff injure themselves due to texting and walking
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- X99 Extreme 6/3.1 Bios Update to support Samsung 950 Pro M.2.
- PC-A04 case top USB Multi-Media I/O ports replacement
- Asrock H170M-ITX\ac Windows 10 fresh install
- EASARS Unveils World of Tanks and Team RIVAL Licensed Gaming Gear
- G.SKILL Boosts DDR4 8GB Module Speed Up to 4133MHz 16GB
- Sharkoon Announces SHARK ZONE K20 Gaming Keyboard
- EK Releases Monoblock for GIGABYTE Z170X Motherboards
- BROFORCE AIR-DROPS HUGE POST LAUNCH UPDATE BECAUSE FREEDOM CANNOT BE CONTAINED