We've gotten our grubby little hands-on the latest gaming monitor from the display company that most have had at least some experience with. That's right, we've got in a monitor from AOC, a company known for supplying monitors to the education and business markets.
However, we have a gaming-focused model from the company, so sit down, strap in, and get ready for a gaming wild ride as we put the AOC G2460PQU 144Hz monitor through its paces.
Specifications and Pricing
The G2460PQU (from here on out, G2460) is a 24-inch LED widescreen display. The panel features the standard 1920 x 1080 resolution that most have come to expect from a monitor of this size, though a bump to 1920 x 1200 or 2560 x 1440 would be appreciated. The panel itself is of the Twisted Nematic Film (TN Film) variety, which means that color reproduction will not be as strong as an IPS monitor, but the cost of the monitor should be quite a bit less than an IPS display.
Being of the TN variety, viewing angles are not as good as other monitors on the market, specifically IPS-type monitors. The more off-center you view the monitor, the darker and more off the colors will become. The G2460 is rated by AOC to have a viewing angle of 170 degrees horizontally and 160 degrees vertically. At, say, 45 degrees or so off of center horizontally, parts of the screen start to discolor and darken. Vertically, the same happens at around 30 degrees, give or take.
The stand for the monitor is incredibly versatile, offering both angle and height adjustments, in addition to being very sturdily built. The stand can also rotate the monitor to portrait mode and also features rotation upon its stand. The monitor is backlit with LED light, which makes this monitor fairly efficient and bright. The monitor also features a built-in USB 2.0 hub, with one port on the side of the monitor being able to be used as a charging port.
Regarding the technical specs, the G2460 features a maximum refresh rate of 144Hz, one of the main selling points of the monitor; a response time of 1ms; a contrast ratio of 80,000,000:1; a rated brightness of 350 cd/m2; and support of 16.7 million colors. On the connector front, it features VGA, Dual Link DVI, HDMI, and DisplayPort inputs. The monitor also has built-in speakers.
PRICING: You can find the AOC G2460PQU for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The AOC G2460PQU retails for $399.90 at Amazon.
Canada: The AOC G2460PQU retails for CDN$987.31 at Amazon Canada.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft Paint killed off with new Creators Update
- The new iPhone 8 might be all about AR
- Apple sued by insurance company for alleged iPhone fire
- You can now get Xiaomi Mi 6 with 9,000 mAh battery
- Note8 color options leak: Samsung to introduce Deep Blue
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4