We've gotten our grubby little hands-on the latest gaming monitor from the display company that most have had at least some experience with. That's right, we've got in a monitor from AOC, a company known for supplying monitors to the education and business markets.
However, we have a gaming-focused model from the company, so sit down, strap in, and get ready for a gaming wild ride as we put the AOC G2460PQU 144Hz monitor through its paces.
Specifications and Pricing
The G2460PQU (from here on out, G2460) is a 24-inch LED widescreen display. The panel features the standard 1920 x 1080 resolution that most have come to expect from a monitor of this size, though a bump to 1920 x 1200 or 2560 x 1440 would be appreciated. The panel itself is of the Twisted Nematic Film (TN Film) variety, which means that color reproduction will not be as strong as an IPS monitor, but the cost of the monitor should be quite a bit less than an IPS display.
Being of the TN variety, viewing angles are not as good as other monitors on the market, specifically IPS-type monitors. The more off-center you view the monitor, the darker and more off the colors will become. The G2460 is rated by AOC to have a viewing angle of 170 degrees horizontally and 160 degrees vertically. At, say, 45 degrees or so off of center horizontally, parts of the screen start to discolor and darken. Vertically, the same happens at around 30 degrees, give or take.
The stand for the monitor is incredibly versatile, offering both angle and height adjustments, in addition to being very sturdily built. The stand can also rotate the monitor to portrait mode and also features rotation upon its stand. The monitor is backlit with LED light, which makes this monitor fairly efficient and bright. The monitor also features a built-in USB 2.0 hub, with one port on the side of the monitor being able to be used as a charging port.
Regarding the technical specs, the G2460 features a maximum refresh rate of 144Hz, one of the main selling points of the monitor; a response time of 1ms; a contrast ratio of 80,000,000:1; a rated brightness of 350 cd/m2; and support of 16.7 million colors. On the connector front, it features VGA, Dual Link DVI, HDMI, and DisplayPort inputs. The monitor also has built-in speakers.
PRICING: You can find the AOC G2460PQU for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The AOC G2460PQU retails for $399.90 at Amazon.
Canada: The AOC G2460PQU retails for CDN$987.31 at Amazon Canada.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now