Introduction of the AMD Radeon R9 295X2 8GB
For a long time AMD was able to say that they offered the fastest single PCIe video card on their popular Game.AMD website. The release of new models from NVIDIA meant that the company had to remove the comment as it was no longer true. Today, though, AMD no doubt hope to start that count again offering the fastest single PCIe video card on the market with the release of the R9 295X2 8GB.
Like any new video card, the release of the R9 295X2 8GB doesn't come as a surprise to people who follow tech closely. AMD has been rumored of releasing the card for a while now and recently over the past week, we started to see leaks on specifics. Of course, there's always a cloud of doubt overhead when it comes to this information. Today, we get to show you what's really on offer when it comes to the specification side of things. More importantly, though, today we're able to show you just what kind of performance the new model from AMD offers.
While we would normally move from here straight into the card because it's a reference one, AMD did something a little special with the release of this particular model, which we offered a sneak peek of just the other day at our Facebook page.
Let's move forward, though, and take a closer at this very special package from AMD before we take a closer look at the card itself to find out just what AMD is offering with this brand new model, the R9 295X2 8GB.
Package - What comes inside the box
With the same image that was being teased on the Game.AMD website recently, you can see we've got a very sleek looking approach to the briefcase that AMD shipped the reference model in. Heading over to the handle side you can see we've got a nice AMD plaque which makes the whole setup look like something a Bond villain should be carrying handcuffed to his arm.
Opening up the briefcase, we get first look of the card itself. You can see the card sitting across the top, while on the right, you can see a small radiator. The left corner shows us the logo that AMD was using for what was labeled as "Project Hydra". Of course we don't have any kind of bundle or that being a reference card.
So, let's not delay any longer and get a closer look at the card itself and see just what exactly we're dealing with here today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Video Card Details and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & FPS Numbers Explained]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven & Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2 & Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - F1 2012 & Metro Last Light]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown & Nexuiz]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2 & Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution & Tomb Raider]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite & Battlefield 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Temperature & Sound Testing]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Testing]
- Page 15 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rogue One looks great, even in a fan-made VHS commercial
- Intel working on next-gen Xeon with 32C/64T of power
- Xbox boss: first-party Project Scorpio games 'critical'
- Apple rumored to consider purchasing Disney
- In Win launches X-Frame 2.0, tou 2.0 Signature chassis
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Just finished my PC-011 Build
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse