Bapco MobileMark 2012 1.5
Version and / or Patch Used: 2012 1.5
Developer Homepage: http://www.bapco.com
Test Homepage: http://www.bapco.com
MobileMark 2012 1.5 is an application-based benchmark that reflects usage patterns of business users in the areas of office productivity, media creation, and media consumption. Unlike benchmarks that only measure battery life, MobileMark 2012 measures battery life and performance simultaneously, showing how well a system design addresses the inherent tradeoffs between performance and power management.
The M550 is significantly faster than the M500, but it also uses more power. This is something to keep in mind when choosing the right SSD for your notebook. On this chart, we also have the Samsung 840 EVO 750GB without Rapid Mode enabled.
The Crucial M550 is not a replacement for the M500. Both drives will coexist in the market at the same time. This is Crucial's first two-tier approach to SSDs, but the practice has been around from other manufacturers for years now. This gives those loyal to the Crucial brand a nice choice when it comes to the company's drives. The M500 offers superior battery life and price, while the M550 delivers exceptional performance.
On the performance side, the M550 1TB butts right up against the limits of SATA III in four corner tests. In the corner case tests, the M550 is almost always in the top tier of drives on the market performance wise. After pushed hard with data writes, the drive recovers remarkably well. The three drives we've completed testing now lead our PCMark 8 2.0 Advanced Test chart. The new test is one of the most significant we run at this time.
Although the e-tail cost at launch will be higher than the M500, the M550 actually has a lower MSRP than the M500 did when launched in 2013. The 1TB model should hit the web today at $539.99. That's roughly $100 more than the M500 960GB at Newegg at the time of writing and $13 less than Samsung's 840 EVO 1TB.
You have a solid product anytime you can match the performance of the EVO, while undercutting the cost, and that's exactly what Crucial has with the M550.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Dogs 2 updated on the PC, long list of fixes
- Del Toro: F*ck Konami, killing Silent Hills was moronic
- NBA is being aired in 4K in the US this weekend
- Ubisoft: PC-like consoles was a 'good decision'
- 8 minutes of new Prey gameplay footage released
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset