Taking a look at the card, you can see the Twin Frozr IV cooler that covers almost the entire PCB. The two large fans sit over a massive heat sink, and we've got some copper heat pipes throughout the card that help pull the heat off the core.
The new Maxwell chip has proven to perform well when it comes to heat, and it will be interesting to see how the numbers look with this much larger cooler.
Taking a look around the card, we again don't have an extra power connector or an SLI connector. We do have a switch towards the back of the card, though, which lets us switch between two BIOSes. One mode is Hybrid, while the other is Legacy.
The Hybrid BIOS does have some computability issues, but if it does work, then you get a faster start up and resume from hibernation. Legacy, on the other hand, has no compatibility issues but is a little slower in booting up.
Finishing up our look at the card, we can see the I/O side of things, which has an interesting setup. While the Dual-Link DVI-D and HDMI aren't much of a surprise, the inclusion of a D-SUB VGA connector is.
Honestly, this won't be too much of an issue for a lot of people as most will be using the DVI or the HDMI port on just a single monitor. The inclusion of a VGA connector, though, is a little weird and a bit of a blast from the past.
As we mentioned on the first page, the MSI GTX 750 Ti 2GB Twin Frozr Gaming is an OC model, and, looking below, you can see that MSI has done a pretty good job with the core. The reference clocks on the GTX 750 Ti 2GB are 1020MHz on the core and 1085MHz via boost. Looking below, you can see that MSI has pushed the default core clock to 1085MHz. The boost clock is then pushed even higher to 1163MHz.
In typical fashion, you can see that the 2GB of GDDR5 memory has been left alone at 5400MHz QDR. Most companies choose to concentrate on the core as it brings with it the biggest boost in performance. The core clock is strong and should bring with it a decent performance boost.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 4]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform