With a sugar daddy in place, OCZ Storage Solutions is ready to stage the comeback of the decade. Sitting on the throne once occupied by OCZ is a little company from South Korea named Samsung.
The Samsung 840 EVO is outselling every other SSD on the market, in some countries Samsung accounts for 50% or more of all consumer SSDs sold. In order to compete, OCZ needs to get back to the OCZ of old, where the company offers the best value and the best performance in the same product.
Is it going to be easy? Not really, but OCZ is now in the best position it has ever been in. Just a couple months ago, the company circled the wagons and its outlook appeared very grim. With Toshiba bankrolling not only the money, but also the flash, OCZ is now a fab company with Samsung, Intel, Micron, SanDisk and SK Hynix.
The first product to come from the Toshiba takeover is another Vertex branded product, the 460. OCZ used the Barefoot 3 M10 controller and paired it with Toshiba's 19nm Toggle flash. The end result is a drive that performs very close to the flagship Vector 150, but has a Samsung 840 EVO level price.
Let's take a look at all of the technical details on the next page.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Accessories]
- Page 4 [OCZ Vertex 460 240GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei Mate 9 goes on sale in the US on January 6th
- Faraday Future keeps teasing their upcoming electric car
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD