I'd like to say we're slowly working our way through the pile of R series based video cards, but if we're completely honest, we're flying through them at a rapid rate and continue to have more to look at. Today we're looking at our first HIS video card and our first retail version of the R7 260X 2GB.
The particular version we're looking at is the IceQ X2 variant from HIS and as you may have guessed carries with it the popular IceQ X2 cooler. Because the card doesn't come overclocked out of the box and we already looked at the performance of a stock clock cared through our original R7 260X 2GB reference card review, we thought we'd get into the overclocking side of things to see just what kind of performance we're able to get from the new model.
For $139, we already found ourselves impressed with what AMD was offering gamers on a budget. Today, though, we're really looking forward to seeing just how much performance we can get out of the model when overclocking is thrown into the equation.
So, without dragging on, let's take a look at the package.
Taking a look at the package, you can see the overall design and layout is almost identical to other IceQ X2 cards we've seen from HIS before. We've got the model across the bottom, including some of the main features, while some information on iPower and iTurbo is also covered.
If we turn the box over, we get a little bit more detail on some of the main features including Solid State Capacitors and Choke, along with a bit of information on the IceQ X2 cooling solution.
Normally we'd move from here and onto the package to see just what is being offered, but we got this product quite early from HIS, and while we got the box, we didn't get the full bundle as it wasn't fully ready at the time of shipping to us. Fortunately we can head over to the HIS website and see just what comes with the card. It's a very typical mid-range HIS bundle which includes a driver CD, manual, DVI to VGA connector and a HIS case badge sticker.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bandai Namco reveals why Tekken 7 was delayed
- Intel launching next-gen 20-threaded CPU in August 2017
- Final Dark Souls 3 Ringed City DLC coming March 28
- 'Star Wars Episode VIII' gets officially titled
- Nintendo Switch replaces Wii U on Nintendo homesite
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- COLORFUL announces the iGame GTX1070 X-TOP-8G Advanced Limited
- LYRobotix set to release a VR Motion tracking system for mobile gaming
- I Am Setsuna coming to Nintendo Switch on March 3
- 2016 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 voting event starts
- Garmin announces the Approach G30, adds a small but powerful handheld to its golf GPS offerings