We're still missing a couple of pieces when it comes to having a look at the new R series from top to bottom. Today, though, one more of those pieces gets filled with the release of the new single GPU high-end option from AMD, the R9 290X. The other main piece we're missing is the R9 290, which is due to be released roughly a week after the R9 290X, and as the name might suggest, falls just below this model.
Along with these higher-end models, there's also a few lower-end ones we've got to look at including the lower-end R7 250 which we've also got on hand and carries with it a price tag of under $100. You can understand we're not exactly the most excited to test that model and it's probably the main reason we've focused on the other models we've currently got on hand. Saying that, we will of course be getting around to it soon.
Today, though, is all about the newest high-end GPU from AMD. Of course being a reference card, we don't have a package on our hands today, so we'll be moving from here into the card itself. Because it's also our first R9 290X, we'll be covering some of the main features that the new model brings to the table.
This is ultimately the main AMD video card everyone has been waiting for since we first heard about the new models coming, so let's not delay any longer, and see just what is new with the latest generation AMD high-end single GPU offering.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.