Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Sapphire's Radeon R9 270X 2GB TOXIC is a really great performing video card, and to be honest with you, it's slightly better than we thought it would be. The decision to bump the core up to the highest speed we've seen so far and then to give the memory a slight boost in performance as well is really fantastic. In the end, you can see the numbers talk for themselves, and we really do see a strong boost in performance when compared to the AMD reference card. We also see that the performance boost is quite strong when compared to the MSI Twin Frozr Gaming OC, which also came out of the box overclocked.
Moving away from the gaming performance numbers, the cooler is just amazing. The numbers it puts out in both the noise and temperature department are really fantastic - so much so that the noise levels are the quietest of any video card we've tested.
While we don't have the bundle in front of us due to the fact that just the card was sent to us a little earlier than usual, we can head over to the Sapphire website and see that the bundle consists of everything you'd expect including the CrossFire bridge, DVI to VGA connector, two Molex to 6-pin PCIe power connectors and the 1.8 meter HDMI cable that we tend to see with Sapphire offerings. So, when it comes to the bundle, we've again got a strong offering from Sapphire that looks a little better than the competition because of the inclusion of the said HDMI cable.
The only thing we can't comment on is the price as when we head over to Newegg, it's simply listed as "Coming Soon". We know that it's going to carry a slight premium, though. If we have a look at what's available, we can see that most cards enter at around the $199.99 mark. The Dual-X variant from Sapphire comes in at $219.99 and the MSI HAWK addition comes in at $229.99. It's fairly safe to say that we're going to be looking at somewhere between the $229.99 - $234.99 mark.
Putting all the pieces together, there's not much we can fault about this video card. Performance is fantastic out of the box, and you can see a strong boost in the numbers when compared to the reference. What we really love, though, is the amazing cooler. Sure, it's big and maybe overkill, but it's just awesome. It's super quiet and puts out amazing numbers when it comes to the core temperature. If you're on the hunt for a R9 270X and you really don't mind paying a premium, this is one video card you should be giving some serious attention.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 4 Open Beta]
- Page 21 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 22 [Temperature Test]
- Page 23 [Sound Test]
- Page 24 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 25 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZTE's dual-camera Blade V8 Pro is now on sale for $230
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup