MSI continue to produce what I feel is some of the strongest performing video cards on the market. Combing series' like the new Gaming and old favorites like the HAWK and Lightning with both AMD and NVIDIA offerings means the company does a fantastic job of standing out from the pack.
While the Lightning Series is reserved for the top single GPU offerings from both AMD and NVIDIA, the HAWK Series has always been one that caters to the masses. With mid-range cards really offering more bang for their buck than ever, the HAWK Series helps take that to another level by offering even more again.
The particular HAWK Series video card we're looking at today is based on the new and popular GTX 760 series chipset from NVIDIA, and one that has done an excellent job of impressing us since its inception. Today we take the time to look at one of the best valued mid-range GPUs on what has become one of our favorite series of video cards.
Straight away the first thing we notice is the new HAWK box design. It looks fantastic and stands out. In typical MSI fashion the front of the box is fairly basic with the model number and series clearly shown. Outside of that, though, we don't have a whole lot more being shown with just the "OC Certified" logo and a few other key features including the 2GB of GDDR5, PCIe 3.0 support and lastly DirectX 11 support.
Being a HAWK Series card means that we've got a bit more going on when it comes to the information side of things on the box. Opening the box up you can see some of the main features that are offered including Military Class 4 components, which include Super Ferrite Choke, Hi-C Cap and Dark Solid capacitors. You can also see some key overclocking features including the Twin BIOS, V-Check Points, Triple Overvoltage and Enhanced Power Design.
Moving to the bottom half of the box you can see it's all about the Twin Frozr IV Advanced cooler which includes dual 10cm fans, improved heat pipe and heatsink design and a nickel plated copper base. Also included is the Dust Removal Technology which sees the fans spin in reverse at startup for 30 seconds to remove any dust that has built up.
Finishing up with the back of the box we have some of the key features that are relative to the GTX 760 core itself. You can also see some of the main specifications along with a number of logos.
Moving inside the box we've got a fairly standard setup for a HAWK card. Starting from the left we've got a Quick User Guide and driver CD, along with a DVI to VGA connectors, three V-Check cables and two 6-pin to 8-pin PCIe power connectors to round off the bundle.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.