Specifications, Pricing and Availability
The M500 series has four capacity sizes - 120GB, 240GB, 480GB and the massive 960GB. We've already looked at the 960GB and today we're moving to the other end of the spectrum. Over the next week or so the 240GB and 480GB drive reviews will appear on TweakTown.
As with other SSDs, performance scales as the capacity increases. Crucial rates the 120GB M500 at 500MB/s sequential read and 130MB/s sequential write. The 4K IOPS ratings are 62K read and 35K write.
On the specification sheet, you'll notice three form factors - 2.5", mSATA and m.2. All three-form factors use the SATA standard, Crucial hasn't announced a PCIe based m.2 product at the time of writing.
Not on the specification sheet is a feature that's desired by business users, data encryption. The C500 series is TCG Opal and IEEE-1667 compliant. The series also supports Windows 8's eDrive feature as long as your other hardware supports the feature.
Newegg currently has three of the four capacity sizes in stock. Prices are as follows at the time of writing - 120GB ($129.99), 240GB ($199.99), 480GB ($394.99) and 960GB (599.99). The 960GB is out of stock at Newegg, and for that matter just about everywhere. The M500 series has a three year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Crucial M500 120GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Power and Thermal Testing]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- KitGuru editor in chief apologizes for 'inflammatory' AMD article
- Intel Battery Optimizer Android app now cleans, too
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Be Quiet! Announces Silent Base 600 Case Series
- PNY releases the Mini-mobile HP v165w USB 2.0 Flash Drive
- The Crew WILD RUN PC CLOSED BETA WILL BE PLAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 15TH TO OCTOBER 19TH 2015
- MLG Announces Broadcast Talent for World Finals in New Orleans
- Patriot Announces New Viper 4 3600MHz Dual-Channel Memory Kit