Specifications, Pricing and Availability
The M500 series has four capacity sizes - 120GB, 240GB, 480GB and the massive 960GB. We've already looked at the 960GB and today we're moving to the other end of the spectrum. Over the next week or so the 240GB and 480GB drive reviews will appear on TweakTown.
As with other SSDs, performance scales as the capacity increases. Crucial rates the 120GB M500 at 500MB/s sequential read and 130MB/s sequential write. The 4K IOPS ratings are 62K read and 35K write.
On the specification sheet, you'll notice three form factors - 2.5", mSATA and m.2. All three-form factors use the SATA standard, Crucial hasn't announced a PCIe based m.2 product at the time of writing.
Not on the specification sheet is a feature that's desired by business users, data encryption. The C500 series is TCG Opal and IEEE-1667 compliant. The series also supports Windows 8's eDrive feature as long as your other hardware supports the feature.
Newegg currently has three of the four capacity sizes in stock. Prices are as follows at the time of writing - 120GB ($129.99), 240GB ($199.99), 480GB ($394.99) and 960GB (599.99). The 960GB is out of stock at Newegg, and for that matter just about everywhere. The M500 series has a three year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Crucial M500 120GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Power and Thermal Testing]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Knack 2 place further emphasis on 2 player co-op
- Rocket League gets a new map and a DLC car
- Battlefield 1 dev said shovel digging might come back
- South Korea is getting an online version of Titanfall
- Artificial intelligence creates a (bad) Christmas song
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset