GIGABYTE Z77-HD4 Motherboard
Having a look at the GIGABYTE Z77-HD4 you can see straight away we've got a baby blue and white color scheme. We've never been a fan of the color scheme, especially when you compare it to the matte black setup we see on the higher end GIGABYTE options. Considering the lower to mid-range structure of the board, the color scheme doesn't come as a surprise to us.
Moving in closer you can see we've got two legacy PCI slots at the bottom and two PCIe x1 slots that sit between two PCIe x16 slots. The top most PCIe x16 slot runs at x16, as you'd expect, while the second one is wired for only x4, which can be seen by the pin count and the "PCIEX4" label towards the front of the slot.
Heading across the bottom of the board you're not greeted with any great surprises. Starting from the left you've got the front panel audio header, COM header, TMP header followed up with a 4-pin fan header. Finishing off we've got two USB 2.0 headers and main front panel header.
Turning the corner you can see we've got a total of six SATA ports. The four blue ones are SATA II while the two white ones are SATA III. All six SATA ports run of the Intel Z77 chipset.
Heading towards the top of the board you can see four DIMM slots. We've got support for up to 32GB of DDR3 ranging from 1066MHz DDR to 2800MHz DDR via overclocking. Below them we've got a USB 3.0 header next to another fan header along with the main 24-pin ATX power connector.
Looking around the CPU area you can see the main 8-pin CPU power connector in the top left corner of the board. Moving back a little to look at the CPU socket on a whole you can see not a whole lot is going on. We've got only a single heatsink at the top of the board and apart from that there's not a whole lot else to be seen here. Like most motherboards these days, we've got a clean setup in this part of the board.
Heading into the I/O area we've got a standard setup. Starting from the left we've got a combo PS/2 port along with two of the four total USB 2.0 ports. Video connectivity comes in the form of VGA, DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort. We've got two USB 3.0 ports, Gigabit networking via the Realtek controller and three auxiliary ports running off the Realtek ALC887.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ISS crew arrives at Space Station after two-day trip
- Major cyber attack knocks out popular websites
- Cassini's final year of its epic voyage to Saturn
- Nintendo won't reveal full Switch specs until 2017
- Nintendo Switch may have extra power while docked
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system