Lately we've had a chance to look at a few GIGABYTE motherboards and just Z77 motherboards in general. We saw GIGABYTE finally bring us a great looking mITX offering in the form of the Z77N-WiFi, we also saw BIOSTAR show off a Hi-Fi orientated board in the form of the Hi-Fi Z77X. Along with those two boards we also recently checked out the mid-range GIGABYTE Z77X-UD4H which did a good job of impressing us.
Today we're looking at a board that comes in below the $164.99 price tag that's seen on the Z77X-UD4H. Instead the Z77-HD4 comes in at an aggressively priced $129.99. What does this mean for the overall performance of the board and just the general quality when compared to its big brother the Z77X-UD4H? Well, we're not really sure. But we'll have figured it out by the time we get to the end of this review.
As always there are a few things that we need to do. First we need to start off by looking at the package. We're not expecting a lot due to the price point, but we'll of course see just what's on offer. Once we've done that it's onto the board itself. We'll cover the overall look and the main features that are present before we head into the BIOS. We'll quickly cover our testbed today while also taking the time to overclock the Intel Core i7 3770k before we finally get into the performance side of things to find out just what the GIGABYTE Z77-UD4 is capable of.
Looking at the box we've got a fairly standard setup. The front gives us the model number and some of the main features including Dual UEFI BIOS, 3D BIOS and Ultra Durable 4 support. The back of the box then goes on to expand what those features offer along with an overall look at the board itself along with some of the highlights.
Moving inside the package we've got a small bundle which doesn't come as a surprise. We've got some paperwork, driver CD, four SATA cables and the standard I/O panel to round things off.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- SAPPHIRE announces RX 580 Nitro+ Special Edition
- Oppo R11 launch date and first images of the phone leak
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017