Lately we've had a chance to look at a few GIGABYTE motherboards and just Z77 motherboards in general. We saw GIGABYTE finally bring us a great looking mITX offering in the form of the Z77N-WiFi, we also saw BIOSTAR show off a Hi-Fi orientated board in the form of the Hi-Fi Z77X. Along with those two boards we also recently checked out the mid-range GIGABYTE Z77X-UD4H which did a good job of impressing us.
Today we're looking at a board that comes in below the $164.99 price tag that's seen on the Z77X-UD4H. Instead the Z77-HD4 comes in at an aggressively priced $129.99. What does this mean for the overall performance of the board and just the general quality when compared to its big brother the Z77X-UD4H? Well, we're not really sure. But we'll have figured it out by the time we get to the end of this review.
As always there are a few things that we need to do. First we need to start off by looking at the package. We're not expecting a lot due to the price point, but we'll of course see just what's on offer. Once we've done that it's onto the board itself. We'll cover the overall look and the main features that are present before we head into the BIOS. We'll quickly cover our testbed today while also taking the time to overclock the Intel Core i7 3770k before we finally get into the performance side of things to find out just what the GIGABYTE Z77-UD4 is capable of.
Looking at the box we've got a fairly standard setup. The front gives us the model number and some of the main features including Dual UEFI BIOS, 3D BIOS and Ultra Durable 4 support. The back of the box then goes on to expand what those features offer along with an overall look at the board itself along with some of the highlights.
Moving inside the package we've got a small bundle which doesn't come as a surprise. We've got some paperwork, driver CD, four SATA cables and the standard I/O panel to round things off.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- First footage of Nintendo Switch's touchscreen in action
- Faraday Future receives only 60 deposits for the FF 91
- Huawei P10 to have the highest pricing in the series
- Honor 8 successor comes with 6GB of RAM and 128GB ROM
- Nokia hints at Snapdragon 835 powered smartphone
- How do i brake the boot loop? (no post)
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- AVerMedia's AVerCaster HEVC RS9280 brings 3G-SDI to professional 4K HEVC video
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017